The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   receipts for parts supplied by garage (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320416)

postbasher 6th August 2022 07:42

receipts for parts supplied by garage

Hey all, wondered what members thoughts were on this...a garage supplying new parts but not showing any kind of recipt/proof of purchase....ofcourse its understood that some things like oil will be in bulk but those things that are not...do you ask to see a receipt?

macafee2 6th August 2022 08:21

No but I would expect the parts to be listed on the receipt I was given. Their receipt may show the discount they are given and if the customer see the receipt they may want that discount.

Do you have a concern you are being charged for parts that have not been fitted?

macafee2

Robson Rover Repair 6th August 2022 10:44

A list of parts fitted and what they charge you yes, but to see the parts and receipt prices they paid, absolutely not.

They will have likely bought at trade price, made a few quid on parts sale to cover the invisible time costs. Perfectly normal.

That one bolt that took 3 hours on a brake caliper but they can't charge you for, customer needs the car done ASAP and doesn't care what it costs, customer supplied wrong parts and we had to drive to collect them, that kinda stuff and that's day in day out in the industry.

Unless you paided them cash, to get it done cheaper then I can't see the issue.

MSS 6th August 2022 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by postbasher (Post 2941721)
Hey all, wondered what members thoughts were on this...a garage supplying new parts but not showing any kind of recipt/proof of purchase....ofcourse its understood that some things like oil will be in bulk but those things that are not...do you ask to see a receipt?

Absolutely not. The garage is supplying part to you and should provide a receipt listing those parts. How they obtain those parts is their business.

If you feel that you need to see proof of the garage having purchased the parts and any associated information, you should be looking for a new garage for your needs.

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 8th August 2022 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941725)
No but I would expect the parts to be listed on the receipt I was given. Their receipt may show the discount they are given and if the customer see the receipt they may want that discount.

Do you have a concern you are being charged for parts that have not been fitted?

macafee2

What business would provide such a receipt? Sainsbury's Tesco and co don't tell what they paid for milk, apples etc. Nor what their profit margin is.

macafee2 8th August 2022 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver (Post 2941867)
What business would provide such a receipt? Sainsbury's Tesco and co don't tell what they paid for milk, apples etc. Nor what their profit margin is.

You misunderstand, the receipt I refer to, is from the garage to the customer showing what parts were fitted and how much each part is costing the customer. It is not a receipt between the garage and their supplier.

macafee2

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 8th August 2022 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941870)
You misunderstand, the receipt I refer to, is from the garage to the customer showing what parts were fitted and how much each part is costing the customer. It is not a receipt between the garage and their supplier.

macafee2

Sorry, In that case yes. I'd expect a list of parts fitted and work done. That's what my local garage does.

another_clean_sheet 8th August 2022 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2941870)

macafee2

Re #2. So what discount are you talking about if it is not between the part supplier and the garage.

Borg Warner 8th August 2022 13:20

My garage list the parts used and the price. If I want to check what I would pay and I do, I simply look at either the manufacturer's Web site and or a car part supplier's web site.

The garage prices are cheaper, so savings are passed on.

macafee2 8th August 2022 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet (Post 2941887)
Re #2. So what discount are you talking about if it is not between the part supplier and the garage.

First you need to look at the first post, the question at the end and the first word of my reply. Dont miss that I refer to "Their" receipt as in the one between the garage and their supplier. It is this receipt as you say and I mean that may show what discount the garage got and it is not for the customer to see.
The receipt I expect the customer to get, lists the items used and the price that the customer is being charged.

macafee2