The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Upper rear arms any other options? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319571)

biffa75 11th June 2022 08:55

Upper rear arms any other options?

Hello everyone hope everyone is keeping well 🙂

Our tourer is due it's not at the end of the month and while working my way through a few other issues, I've come to replace the rear springs and found the spring seats in the rear arms to crumble away so.. new upper rear arms required.

I know dmgrs are now away until the 20th of June, so obtaining their upper rear arms is not an option. We do have my wife's 75 to use thankfully in the mean time but i would prefer to have the tourer in a state where I can use it should the wife's 75 breakdown etc. (Wife is also pregnant so I'd like to minimise the time the tourer is off the road).

Are other arms an option or not? I can wait until dmgrs return on the 20th.

Thanks
Rob

bl52krz 11th June 2022 11:21

I started to post Xpart do upper arms, but then thought about it and decided to have a look. I would not buy them. The picture tells a story on their site. They look like the arms that were made in India. Look at the position of the antiroll bar fixing? It is not central. Marinabrian complained about the position. I bought a pair from DMGRS and they are perfect. Still up in the loft. Hope I never have to fit them . I bought them before DMGRS had them made slightly thicker, but they will certainly outlast the car. Have a look on the net, but be careful who and what you buy.

biffa75 11th June 2022 11:47

Thanks for the reply, I have read about the Indian made rear arms. Having seen pictures of them and compared them to others online, I think I'll have to wait until dmgrs open back up.
Is dmgrs really the only source of good quality rear arms these days?

Norman2CV 11th June 2022 13:29

There are a pair of new old stock genuine Rover ones for sale on F###book Market place, but they are collection only from Penzance !

rovermech 11th June 2022 14:16

upper rear arms

Rimmer Bros of Lincoln have them in stock

xsport 11th June 2022 14:26

recently when mat is off there has been someone covering for him at main office, if only to despatch goods.he has a lot more staff now. did you try emailing them or telephone to see if anyone is there ? i did not read Mats holiday notice so i dont know if its all shutdown or not, but i doubt it. worth a try ringing early or late on in the day , so im told. .. :shrug:

Arctic 11th June 2022 14:27

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovermech (Post 2935271)
Rimmer Bros of Lincoln have them in stock

Indian arms buyer beware, unless rimmer can guarantee that they are the Chinese ones which were acceptable, and had the anti-rollbar fixing in the right place, will they give a formal assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality.

Ask if they are Indian most out there are now, and these seller are going to get stuck with them.

Unless the poster as bought some and they turned out to be the genuine MG Rover ones ?

rovermech 11th June 2022 14:40

upper rear arms

Rimmer Bros do sell cheaper ones but also have OEM you make your choice

stevestrat 11th June 2022 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2935274)
I did not read Mats holiday notice so i dont know if its all shutdown or not, but i doubt it. worth a try ringing early or late on in the day , so im told. .. :shrug:

Says on Mat's website any orders placed after the 10th will not be sent out til they return on the 20th.

vitesse 11th June 2022 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovermech (Post 2935279)
Rimmer Bros do sell cheaper ones but also have OEM you make your choice

These? - https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RGG104962. Sorry but they're fake.

As others have pointed out DMGRS are the only supplier I would rely on, I've got a pair of the SAIC ones from them (after a bit of moaning), up in the attic too.

Regards