The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Was it you? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Primrose ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38985)

Thomas 31st May 2009 21:58

Primrose ?

Had just left my work on friday at 6 oclock in Stirling and was approaching one of the main roundabouts and whats half way round it ? a primrose yellow 75 with a caravan on the back ! I flashed the lights a few times but not sure if I was noticed or not ! was it the fabled primrose ?

The Yellow Peril 6th June 2009 14:09

Hi Thomas

Wendy and I WERE in Scotland in Primrose that weekend, as we attended the SARR event at Lauder, however, I don't own a caravan.... so it wasn't us. Although I only know of three other Primrose Yellow 75's there must still be a few of these "rare" old beasts knocking around. There was one mentioned on the Chris Evans radio show a few weeks ago when he was talking about his "big yellow car club" rally. Guy called Nigel, from Stafford.

Andrew

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1983 (Post 336455)
Had just left my work on friday at 6 oclock in Stirling and was approaching one of the main roundabouts and whats half way round it ? a primrose yellow 75 with a caravan on the back ! I flashed the lights a few times but not sure if I was noticed or not ! was it the fabled primrose ?

Thomas 6th June 2009 14:21

Hello !

Yes I spoke to you at the event and couldnt remember seeing a towball on your car so I was wondering ! (I was the guy making sure no one stole your brochures !), It cant be a club member or else they would have replied by now, shame I couldnt have followed him lol !

martin green 6th June 2009 18:38

primrose yellow rover 75 those very rare beasts

Hi Andy and co...

I can rule myself out of the investigation as the primrose yellow diesel model which we own was on duty in the East Midlands only in Zouch territory only.

I can confirm though "The Rover 75 tourer in copperleaf red" will be making its way up the north of Britain later part of next week.

happy primrose yellow hunting.....

hepco 11th July 2009 16:17

primrose in Taunton

Hi ,
Just saw a primrose 75 in Taunton, are they very rare???
Regards
Colin :lol:
11/07/09

The Yellow Peril 11th July 2009 20:16

Primrose yellow

Before Martin replies with the stats about how many were made and how many were diesels and how many were LHD Export models, let me say that in the 9 years we've owned The Yellow Peril, I've only seen three others (apart from Martins (which was from Northern Ireland), and one of those was in Holland, so yes they are pretty rare.

There was a beauty on ebay last year, a 2000/2001 model - top of the range, with a genuine 7000 miles on it, It had been in a garage largly unused for most of that time, but the price was a bit steep, but I think it did sell in the end, so spotters badge for you I think

Andy

Phil 11th July 2009 20:34

There was one living in Glastonbury. I expect its the same one.:)

Bernard LPG 11th July 2009 22:08

I see one fairly frequently anywhere between Cheltenham and Redditch. It's not The Yellow Peril, I've checked the times with him. I've not managed to remember the reg. number so far.

StevenWilliams 11th July 2009 22:18

There is 1 in Crawley and they have a caravan but thats a long way away.

The Yellow Peril 12th July 2009 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenWilliams (Post 354518)
There is 1 in Crawley and they have a caravan but thats a long way away.

I wonder if that was the one spotted in Scotland in June? (towing a caravan)?

Cant be that many Yellow ones with a tow bar.

Andy