The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   possible run out, 22 May (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318996)

Martin Butler 5th May 2022 15:01

possible run out, 28 May ( re scheduled from 22nd )

Hi, would anyone like to have a run out To either Hythe or Dungeness either the pilot at Dungeness, or The miniture Railway At Hythe, and take a ride on the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, For a meeting place, i was thinking of the road chef at Brooklands , by the Ashford Rd any takers??

Please note: Disclaimer
This is not an official 75& ZT Owners club meet , And as such is not covered by the clubs public Liability Insurance
And therefore, The Owners Club, can take no responsibility for the meeting in any way

BRG75 5th May 2022 16:12

Hi Martin,

Nice to see a new venue being proposed; I can't commit to booking in at the moment, as this month is very busy already.

Unfortunately the date also clashes with the well established Frimley (Surrey) Breakfast meet, which I also haven't committed to yet, for the same reason.
This of course shouldn't be a problem for members in both Central and East Kent.

I have taken the liberty of showing the standard club disclaimer, below, which you should ideally quote in your original invitation. easy to copy and paste it, via the edit button.

Regards

Mike

Please note :-
1. This is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
2. Additionally, the Owners club can take NO responsibility for the meeting, in any way.

FLYING BANANA 5th May 2022 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Butler (Post 2930925)
Hi, would anyone like to have a run out To either Hythe or Dungeness either the pilot at Dungeness, or The miniture Railway At Hythe, and take a ride on the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, For a meeting place, i was thinking of the road chef at Brooklands , by the Ashford Rd any takers??

The Pilot at Dungeness used to serve the biggest fish n chips I have ever seen.

Sadly I cannot make this particular meet up will try and make a Kent/Sussex meet in future.

Frimley? You never know!!!!!

Raven Black 5th May 2022 17:56

Meet

I would be keen, but Sunday 22nd not great as might have to work, cd do 21st?

Raven Black 5th May 2022 17:58

Meet

Also we have a member who lives in Ramsgate who might be tempted out as close to him.

Raven Black 6th May 2022 18:06

FCC meet tomorrow Saturday 7th

Hi all, sorry for late notice but the Four Counties Classic are holding a meet at the Bletchley arms tomorrow at 0900. I am taking the rover and mg. It is a breakfast meet till 11 am.

Martin Butler 6th May 2022 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Black (Post 2930940)
I would be keen, but Sunday 22nd not great as might have to work, cd do 21st?

As the date seems to clash with frimley and a few other prior engagements, would the following Sunday,29th or Saturday 28th be a better date , i'm open to any dates,

Raven Black 10th May 2022 20:52

Meet

Can do Saturday, anyone else?

Edenrob 12th May 2022 11:17

I like this idea but again later in the month would be better for us. My only concern is ticket availability for the railway on a weekend.

Not sure where you mean about the road chef. There seems not to be a Roadchef in that part of Kent.
The Pilot or The Britannia are both excellent pubs for food and parking.

Martin Butler 12th May 2022 17:26

OK, Sat 28th it is then, The meeting Point is the Shell Petrol Station on the A259, at Brenzett, just on the Roundabout, by the Turning for Ashford
If we do decide to take a ride on the train, i don't think there will be any problem with getting tickets, If I may offer a suggestion, we drive out to either the pilot, or Britannia, then we can then drive up to the RHDR Station at Dungeness and then you can chose to either look at the sights there, or catch the train from there,