The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   75 2004/5 CDTI contemporary seat removal (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295760)

DaylightRovery 14th May 2019 15:24

75 2004/5 CDTI contemporary seat removal

Evening all.

Had the AA man round yesterday as "Das Boot" (this name will become apparent as to why) would not start.
As he was checking the fuel pump there was rust/water along with kitchen roll stuffed under the foam layer of the back sears. absolutely p*ss wet through so it was.
I thought Ide solved the issue when I dried the boot out but it appears to have crept in under the rear seats.

So, does anyone know how to remove the back seats so i can get into it and sort out the latest water feature?
The bench part it easy eneugh (just give it a tug...missus), but the back rest part is eluding me somewhat.

Any advice appreciated, Cheers.

PS: as for "Das Boot", that is german for "The Boat". When I was ripped off with it there was so much water ingress it may aswell have been a U-Boat!

marinabrian 14th May 2019 20:40

Rob, your boot will likely be leaking through the lamp seals, which in turn runs along the boot floor and ends up under the rear seat cushion.

And your starting issue won't be a fuel pump when it's a late model car with a fitted with a single fuel pump ;)

If you need a hand getting the seat out, PM me a contact number, and I'll give you a ring.

Brian :D

DaylightRovery 15th May 2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2733741)
Rob, your boot will likely be leaking through the lamp seals, which in turn runs along the boot floor and ends up under the rear seat cushion.

And your starting issue won't be a fuel pump when it's a late model car with a fitted with a single fuel pump ;)

If you need a hand getting the seat out, PM me a contact number, and I'll give you a ring.

Brian :D

Cheers brian, shall give you a shout on monday when I get a day off and thus time to fettle.
Just got it back from garage, he reckons as I park on slants theirs no diesel getting to the pump due to extremely low fuel :duh:

By rear lamps do you mean lights? lol. I've siliconed them up so hopefully that issue is sorted. Floor/under seats is still wet through though so seats will be coming out so I can dry the floor out anyhow.

All the best and be intouch, Rob

hogweed 15th May 2019 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaylightRovery (Post 2733884)
By rear lamps do you mean lights?

Yes the light clusters can leak past the foam gaskets. Sadly there are several points of water ingress on these motors – bottom corners of the rear screen, the chrome side strip fixings, and the boot ventilator thingies in each rear wing.

Getting into the boot with a torch and having somebody hose the outside of the car can be instructive ;)