The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Green number plates (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295793)

Dallas 15th May 2019 22:21

Green number plates

Drivers of electric and hybrid cars could be given green number plates which could give them special privileges on the roads.

A badge of honour :D if this goes ahead, every Tom, Dick and Harry will want one.

Sure is clever marketing by the government to boost sales of electric cars.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ars-privileges

coolguy 15th May 2019 22:25

Not so much green as cabbage looking!

Lovel 16th May 2019 06:29

You mean naive?

Building any car causes pollution just not in my back yard.

Sounds a bit like when cats were just starting to be fitted on cars , where the manufacturer would place a badge on the rear of the vehicle with the words catalytic converters emblazoned on it to impress the driver behind you or neighbour. Still pollution at end of the day.

steve-45 16th May 2019 06:35

Well apart from the use of BUS LANES, EV users seem to already have most of the privilages mentioned in the article.

Avulon 16th May 2019 08:11

And when all the bus lanes are full of (electric) cars? Or how about - these are the bus lanes that many councils won't allow motorcycles to use?

How about this, I'll go and see how my rover adornment on my numberplate is looking?

Or perhaps should I go and 'console' (consolation) a lawyer on my latest legal problems?

What a pile of drivel - badly written (outsourced? lol), padded out with an explanation of the current number plate system.

As for the actual idea. It's so daft and divisive that it'll probably happen, and no-one (apart from a few ev car users) will be able to tell the difference... Until 90% of cars are in the bus-lanes and the rest of the road is mercifully clear ;) :D Does anyone think they'll still allow ev cars in the bus lane then?

Where can I get green plates made up.... in a smiley of course.... :getmecoat:

Vossy 16th May 2019 09:26

All electric vehicles should be fitted with a beeper that is audible at 20 metres away when traveling at less than 30mph, I have nearly been run over twice by the things, look, listen and look again and there it is ... :duh:

Better still a V8 sound that emits from a huge speaker on the roof :D

madeupname 16th May 2019 11:14

I recently stopped a blind lady from stepping out in front of an EV. I thought they were supposed to have 'engine' sounding audibles added to them to prevent accidents? seems that never happened.

Raspberrycai 16th May 2019 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2734053)
All electric vehicles should be fitted with a beeper that is audible at 20 metres away when traveling at less than 30mph, I have nearly been run over twice by the things, look, listen and look again and there it is ... :duh:

I think the EU are planning to implement a law that means all electric cars will need to have a speaker installed so pedestrians can hear them, as right now they are almost silent and only emit a high-pitched hum.

As for the fake V8 sound, that's already a feature in quite a lot of modern cars today. Notably the BMW i8 - despite the fact it only has a turbocharged 3 cylinder engine, the speakers make it sound more like it has a V8 under the bonnet... Apparently, the new golf GTi does the same thing.

Avulon 16th May 2019 11:46

Fallen into the Express motoring vortex!

Help! I've fallen into the vortex of reading all the Express motoriing articles - all of which seem to say you can be fined £1000s!!! for just about anything. It's enough to put one off of driving cars for life! From having back seat drivers in your car to a dead fly on the windscreen it's all risky!!! OMG! I never knew!

must make note to never read anything on that website again! It'll be keeping me awake at night worrying about everything.

clf 16th May 2019 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2734053)

And powered by a diesel fuelled generator :p:

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk