The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where the heck on Rave is (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313607)

macafee2 18th June 2021 13:40

Where the heck on Rave is

Where the heck on Rave is the wiring diagram for the tail gate of a tourer? I want to know which wires are the positive and negitive for the tail gate lock and the tail gate window lock.

I have gone Rave, Rover, Rover 75, English, Technical Information, Electrical Circuit diagrams and tried 2004 Model English and also tried Tourer Introduction English and 2003 Model English but I cant see anything suitable listed.

I find Rave difficult to use I really do

macafee2

SD1too 18th June 2021 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2887156)
I want to know which wires are the positive and negitive for the tail gate lock and the tail gate window lock.

Ian,

I've found the "switch - glass - open" for the ZT-T under Body Control Unit on page 137 of the 2003 wiring diagrams.

The central locking motor (labelled boot rather than tailgate) is in the same section on page 138. The wiring colours are SLG and YB.

I hope that's relieved some stress. ;)

Simon

macafee2 18th June 2021 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2887165)
Ian,

I've found the "switch - glass - open" for the ZT-T under Body Control Unit on page 137 of the 2003 wiring diagrams.

The central locking motor (labelled boot rather than tailgate) is in the same section on page 138. The wiring colours are SLG and YB.

I hope that's relieved some stress. ;)

Simon

Simon I must be doing something wrong. My page 137 and 138 are diagrams 172, trailer socket

How are you navigating to your page?

macafee2

SD1too 18th June 2021 16:30

Do you have a section under Circuit Diagrams called Body Control Unit? You'll find it there.

Simon

macafee2 18th June 2021 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2887186)
Do you have a section under Circuit Diagrams called Body Control Unit? You'll find it there.

Simon

can you tell me how you navigate to it and I will try to follow the way you do it.
I found Green white for the glass and Green Red for the tail gate

macafee2

SD1too 19th June 2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2887216)
can you tell me how you navigate to it and I will try to follow the way you do it.

RAVE English > Technical information > Rover 75 > Electrical circuit diagrams > 2004 Model Year - English > Body Control unit > Body Control unit - 2

This will show you diagram 20 (in the bottom left hand corner). As you say, GW is the wiring colour for the glass switch.

If you then go to Body Control unit - 3 which is diagram 21 you'll see Motor - Central door locking - Boot (M235) illustrated twice on the right hand side. The lower version has the wiring colours for the tourer (labelled ZT-T). They are SLG and YB.
Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2887216)
I found ... Green Red for the tail gate

Are you saying that your car's actual wiring is GR or that you've found a diagram showing that wire colour? :shrug:

Simon

macafee2 19th June 2021 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2887277)
RAVE English > Technical information > Rover 75 > Electrical circuit diagrams > 2004 Model Year - English > Body Control unit > Body Control unit - 2

This will show you diagram 20 (in the bottom left hand corner). As you say, GW is the wiring colour for the glass switch.

If you then go to Body Control unit - 3 which is diagram 21 you'll see Motor - Central door locking - Boot (M235) illustrated twice on the right hand side. The lower version has the wiring colours fo.

Are you saying that your car's actual wiring is GR or that you've found a diagram showing that wire colour? :shrug:

Simon

thanks Simon, the colours I got from Rave
There is a Tourer at a breakers that has the rear window in place but as no battery fitted both the glass and tail gate are locked shut. If i cant fit a 12v battery and use the keys I'm wondering about putting 12v direct into the harness to hopefully unlock the glass so I can have it as a spare.
Only wants £25 for it.
wondering what amperage would be required to unlock the two locks? Anyone know?

macafee2

SD1too 19th June 2021 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2887284)

Which diagram shows GR for the tailgate lock? :shrug:

Simon

Ducati750cc 19th June 2021 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2887284)
There is a Tourer at a breakers that has the rear window in place but as no battery fitted both the glass and tail gate are locked shut. If i cant fit a 12v battery and use the keys I'm wondering about putting 12v direct into the harness to hopefully unlock the glass so I can have it as a spare.
Only wants £25 for it.
wondering what amperage would be required to unlock the two locks? Anyone know?

macafee2

If you crawl into the luggage area you will see the panel in the boot door card for storing the warning triangle, open it and you will see the emergency door pull.

Pull the cable and it will open the tailgate , but not the window from memory, it will allow to access to the glass wiring, ( remove the door card ) and you may be able to open it by feeding 12v to the lock motor, I'm not sure but you may also be able to open the window mechanically.

macafee2 19th June 2021 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducati750cc (Post 2887309)
If you crawl into the luggage area you will see the panel in the boot door card for storing the warning triangle, open it and you will see the emergency door pull.

Pull the cable and it will open the tailgate , but not the window from memory, it will allow to access to the glass wiring, ( remove the door card ) and you may be able to open it by feeding 12v to the lock motor, I'm not sure but you may also be able to open the window mechanically.

very helpful, thank you

macafee2