The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sunroof not closing (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300586)

3disco 6th November 2019 17:33

Sunroof not closing

Hi,accidentally hit the sunroof switch and the glass tilted then had to reset it to work,unfortunately it opened right up and when I tried to close it the blind got caught up so managed to pull it out with a pair of long nose pliers the glass will now only close a few inches before I assume the anti trap system comes into play and then fully opens again,the motor runners etc all look ok but it’s obviously hitting a stop,I have tried to turn it manually with an Allen key but again will only close a few inches before it goes solid,the sunroof gets very little use and probably not been opened for several years,help please.

3disco 7th November 2019 08:32

Any ideas please.

Eddy600 7th November 2019 09:06

Have you tried long pressing the sunroof button to reset it, hold the button in until it starts moving around 15-20 seconds, also could look for a blockage in the channel believe its 3 screws either side on the inside and lift it out from outside the car.

trebor 7th November 2019 17:54

If you are you trying to close it with a single press of the close button, and there is nothing in the runners to jam it ( make sure if you have removed the blind there are no clips etc still in there which might be stopping it) just hold the button pressed and it should take it past whatever is in the way which doesn't have to be much.

With a single press to close mine gets a few inches and goes back automatically but holding the switch shuts it all the way.

If there is still resistance stop as the motor can burn out if you just continue to hold the button

3disco 9th November 2019 09:30

Hi any more ideas please, still wide open and only closes a few inches before fully opening again it seems to move ok and have greased channels and cannot see any thing jamming it.

3disco 10th November 2019 10:07

A quick bump.:bowdown:

3disco 10th November 2019 17:35

Does anyone know where the anti trap switch is located on the sunroof please?

stevestrat 10th November 2019 18:14

I doubt if its the anti trap. Not sure where the switch is but the anti trap just stops the sunroof closing, doesn't fully reopen it.

Falcon Flyer 10th November 2019 18:29

Mine does that sometimes. Hold the close button forward and it should stop the 'bounce' back

3disco 10th November 2019 18:40

I have held the switch but only closes a few inches before making a clunk and going back to fully open I cannot see anything that is stopping it but assume something must be,I had to pull the shade out with a pair of pliers but nothing appears to be missing from it.