The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Where in the 2.0 cdti engine are the numbers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296824)

CCFMJL 22nd June 2019 10:52

Where in the 2.0 cdti engine are the numbers

Just that....i tried googling but so far no joy, I need them to get a crank pulley as there's seemingly 2 different types and the factor want the last 4 numbers to get the right one.

suzublu 22nd June 2019 11:14

If you're on about the vin, it's on the windscreen or the plate, bottom of n/s door pillar:cool:
Have you tried these? http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=100530

Dorset Bob 22nd June 2019 12:05

The information on the location of the engine numbers is here.
It states, that on the diesel, it is stamped on the flange between the gearbox and crankcase. :shrug:

Personally, I would look up the engine number on the V5C as it would be easier. :D

clf 22nd June 2019 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCFMJL (Post 2742465)
Just that....i tried googling but so far no joy, I need them to get a crank pulley as there's seemingly 2 different types and the factor want the last 4 numbers to get the right one.

I dont believe there are two different types.

Do NOT use anything other than Corteco. (do a search for failed crank pulley and you will see why).

THIS is the cheapest that I have seen. (yes the LR is the same, but normally cheaper)

HERE is a test on how to verify your pulley is dying. (water in a spray bottle)

CCFMJL 22nd June 2019 12:38

Thanks people:}

I would get it from the log book but the stupid fkn seller put the wrong address and not waiting for it.

Yes it's a Corteco I would get and gates belt, I'd like to be able to do but don't think I could ie can't get the bludy bolt off.

Clf... thanks for link I didn't know about that, mine's a lot noisier.

Mickyboy 22nd June 2019 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2742477)
I dont believe there are two different types.

Do NOT use anything other than Corteco. (do a search for failed crank pulley and you will see why).

THIS is the cheapest that I have seen. (yes the LR is the same, but normally cheaper)

HERE is a test on how to verify your pulley is dying. (water in a spray bottle)

Spot on about Corteco, genuine OEM versions have BMW on them, if the OP is short of funds I don’t mind sending a decent OEM one that I have removed from one of the many 75’s I have in stock from breaking, for just the P&P cost.id rather help keep one on the road:cool:
Mick

CCFMJL 22nd June 2019 13:03

Thanks Mickey much appreciated how much for post.

It's still getting the bolt off though, I've watched a few techniques. Just a burger my gun needs rebuilt.

Mickyboy 22nd June 2019 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCFMJL (Post 2742485)
Thanks Mickey much appreciated how much for post.

It's still getting the bolt off though, I've watched a few techniques. Just a burger my gun needs rebuilt.

Postage and packing is about £8 with the courier, these crank pulleys are quite heavy lol
Mick

CCFMJL 22nd June 2019 13:31

Cheers I'd better make double sure that's what is beforehand. I could get a vid for a few secs bit it's getting on here.

Would it be pp or bank transfer.

I'd get a belt too but god know how I'm gonna get the bolt off. I wouldn't normally get something like this second hand but I've got another car that needs engine work and both need mot'd shortly so yep cash is slightly tight at the moment.

Mickyboy 22nd June 2019 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCFMJL (Post 2742490)
Cheers I'd better make double sure that's what is beforehand. I could get a vid for a few secs bit it's getting on here.

Would it be pp or bank transfer.

I'd get a belt too but god know how I'm gonna get the bolt off. I wouldn't normally get something like this second hand but I've got another car that needs engine work and both need mot'd shortly so yep cash is slightly tight at the moment.

PayPal is perfectly fine mate or bank transfer whatever you’re happy with, make sure it’s definitely what you need though, probably easier to drop me a p.m. for banking details tho mate
Mick