The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   XBOX One, some questions, help needed. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296680)

Ros3 17th June 2019 17:34

XBOX One, some questions, help needed.

So, my son who is 10 wants an XBOX One, now we have had all the consoles in the past going right back but not this console. What I want to know is does the console need to connect up to the internet to work ?, we don't have the internet at home so would this be an issue ?, also can I buy second hand games and play them without any issues ?. Any help would be great thanks..

Animal 17th June 2019 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ros3 (Post 2741311)
So, my son who is 10 wants an XBOX One, now we have had all the consoles in the past going right back but not this console. What I want to know is does the console need to connect up to the internet to work ?, we don't have the internet at home so would this be an issue ?, also can I buy second hand games and play them without any issues ?. Any help would be great thanks..

no you won,t need the internet

it's also backwards compatable with quite a lot of x box 360 games and as long as you buy a game with a disk you'll have no problem :D

Ros3 17th June 2019 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal (Post 2741321)
no you won,t need the internet

it's also backwards compatable with quite a lot of x box 360 games and as long as you buy a game with a disk you'll have no problem :D

Thanks mate, so I can just buy a second hand one from Game and plug it in and were good to go ?. Just want to be sure as I don't want to buy a console and then end up being unable to play it..

cat 17th June 2019 19:14

My kids have an xbox and they struggle when the Internet is down, not sure but at least some features won't work without it, maybe it's just the online/multi player modes, I'd do some more research if I was you, probably depends on the game as to how much it relies on the net but I did buy a used game and it works fine.

Ros3 17th June 2019 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat (Post 2741342)
My kids have an xbox and they struggle when the Internet is down, not sure but at least some features won't work without it, maybe it's just the online/multi player modes, I'd do some more research if I was you, probably depends on the game as to how much it relies on the net but I did buy a used game and it works fine.

We don't have the internet and have no interest in online play, just need to know that it will work without the internet and that most games will work out the box as it were...

johnnybbad 17th June 2019 21:33

It will work with most games, but some will need an update which would have to be downloaded

Ros3 17th June 2019 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnybbad (Post 2741391)
It will work with most games, but some will need an update which would have to be downloaded

Thanks mate, is there anyway to tell what games need an update just by looking at the box ??...

klarzy 17th June 2019 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ros3 (Post 2741401)
Thanks mate, is there anyway to tell what games need an update just by looking at the box ??...

Generally no... just plug it into your router ( or your neighbor's) and let it do its thing for 5 mins...

Then it's up to date for all of them..

Ros3 19th June 2019 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2741405)
Generally no... just plug it into your router ( or your neighbor's) and let it do its thing for 5 mins...

Then it's up to date for all of them..

I don't have a router mate, we have no internet at home.. It's not that we cant afford it or anything, just that we have no use for it. Our mobile phones have access to the internet, and I use a dongle on my laptop.. Plus we don't have Sky TV so we just dont need it and I am loath to install it just for a games console...

klarzy 19th June 2019 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ros3 (Post 2741685)
I don't have a router mate, we have no internet at home..

Or your neighbours....