The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Progress (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319588)

wraymond 12th June 2022 13:32

Progress

Er, just a minute, I hesitate to mention this subject but in the fervent hope that decorum might prevail: there is now a department in HMGOV dedicated to menstruation.

A good and worthwhile service of course, but I’ve always been puzzled about the first three letters of that word.

In the sure and certain hope (?) of tasteful response, has anyone seen the latest development of our elders' and betters' attempts at ‘woke’?
There is now a department in HMGOV dedicated to menstruation. Or rather the prevention of discrimination to a perceived minority.

(Vis: Sir Lindsay Hoyle is about to sign the Menopause Workplace Pledge)

stevestrat 12th June 2022 13:55

Are they meeting on a monthly basis :shrug:

Westonboy 12th June 2022 14:05

Is it for a trial period. 😂

clf 12th June 2022 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2935380)
Er, just a minute, I hesitate to mention this subject but in the fervent hope that decorum might prevail: there is now a department in HMGOV dedicated to menstruation.

A good and worthwhile service of course, but I’ve always been puzzled about the first three letters of that word.

In the sure and certain hope (?) of tasteful response, has anyone seen the latest development of our elders' and betters' attempts at ‘woke’?
There is now a department in HMGOV dedicated to menstruation. Or rather the prevention of discrimination to a perceived minority.

(Vis: Sir Lindsay Hoyle is about to sign the Menopause Workplace Pledge)

from memory the nomenclature is related to month or moon (as a lunar cycle) - I cannot remember whether it is greek or latin (the menstrual process similarly named 'components' - all latin/greek derived, just like most of biological facets in the universe). Nothing to do with a male adult, so absolutely no need for any wokeness with the naming convention. But then when has any kind of research or unrelated connotations ever stopped someone seeking attention and claiming to be offended by something benign?

No I havent seen anything regarding this, but do not think anything wrong with having a section functioning within a health and social services department. It should not have a dedicated minister though (as in minister of menstruation).

MSS 12th June 2022 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2935387)
.......... It should not have a dedicated minister though (as in minister of menstruation).

I agree but a special advisor on mesuration, with a proportionate rewards package, would be perfectly reasonable.

macafee2 12th June 2022 14:52

For a week a month it will be incapable of functioning properly.

macafee2

wraymond 12th June 2022 15:10

Thank you gents. If, as it seems, you all are indeed gentlemen. Just.

Simondi 12th June 2022 16:51

It is a subject that many members of this club will only have a very sketchy knowledge or experience of..
I have over the years supported a number of period poverty campaigns and have been heartened by the number of employers who are now providing free sanitary products for women. Sadly the cost of these products, especially in the current cost of living crisis means that a growing number of women of all ages are struggling to pay for them. My local authority area has now started providing pads etc in schools.

I hope that this initiative also looks at increased support for women going through menopause. Thankfully my wife has been well supported by her employer but sadly many adopt the attitude of ' just get on with it'.

I really hope that this is not just another PR exercise by the government

stevestrat 12th June 2022 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2935391)
For a week a month it will be incapable of functioning properly.

macafee2

I disagree, for that week it will function perfectly or God help it :eek:

xsport 12th June 2022 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2935387)
from memory the nomenclature is related to month or moon (as a lunar cycle) - I cannot remember whether it is greek or latin (the menstrual process similarly named 'components' - all latin/greek derived, just like most of biological facets in the universe). Nothing to do with a male adult, so absolutely no need for any wokeness with the naming convention. But then when has any kind of research or unrelated connotations ever stopped someone seeking attention and claiming to be offended by something benign?

No I havent seen anything regarding this, but do not think anything wrong with having a section functioning within a health and social services department. It should not have a dedicated minister though (as in minister of menstruation).

Oh , so aptly named ... it is indeed the lunar cycle... !!