The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   It passed! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300469)

Rp61973 2nd November 2019 10:19

It passed!

New rear discs, pads and handbrake shoes, springs and pins paid dividends. I have another 12 month's MOT.

I did have my fingers crossed as when I had the discs off I noticed around 4" spring missing from the bottom of the rear offside. Difficult for the examiner to see. The suspension arms are corroded and will need replacing in the next year.

I foresee some sizeable repair bills ahead...

clf 2nd November 2019 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rp61973 (Post 2772766)
New rear discs, pads and handbrake shoes, springs and pins paid dividends. I have another 12 month's MOT.

I did have my fingers crossed as when I had the discs off I noticed around 4" spring missing from the bottom of the rear offside. Difficult for the examiner to see. The suspension arms are corroded and will need replacing in the next year.

I foresee some sizeable repair bills ahead...

Have you done the handbrake compensator (modified or R50 Bini one)?

My own car passed at least 4 MOTs with two broken springs. They are very difficult to see the break. I didnt notice 3 years, and the car always felt very taught, so wouldnt show on the spring tester

DMGRS have a pre order deal on new arms (almost half the price I paid about 5 yars ago).

FLYING BANANA 2nd November 2019 10:56

Congratulations

Dallas 2nd November 2019 16:26

Congratulations on the pass. :party:

Rp61973 6th November 2019 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2772778)
Have you done the handbrake compensator (modified or R50 Bini one)?

My own car passed at least 4 MOTs with two broken springs. They are very difficult to see the break. I didnt notice 3 years, and the car always felt very taught, so wouldnt show on the spring tester

DMGRS have a pre order deal on new arms (almost half the price I paid about 5 yars ago).

Hi Clf. No compensator modification. I adjusted the rear drums each by a click and the handbrake bites nicely at 4 clicks. Further adjustment is likley once teh shoes bed in.

Not sure if the bent compensator occurs by people yanking up the handbrake, but as soon as I realised the brake was ineffective, I just popped the car in gear when I parked. No point in pulling on the thing like Geoff Capes on speed!

Rp61973 6th November 2019 17:43

New upper and lower rear arms and springs are next on the agenda. After a bleed of the brake system, that is; the fluid is now a bit old. Some Plusgas on the bleed nipples a few days before looks to be in order.

I spoke with Kevin from the Rover Repair Centre in Wickford and he has provided me with a very reasonable labour price to change the arms. I will start to accummulate the new parts first!

BoroRover 6th November 2019 22:06

Congrats on the pass. Happy Rovering !

Simondi 6th November 2019 22:55

Always a good feeling

Rogue 7th November 2019 02:20

Congrats :)

Rev Jules 7th November 2019 07:22

Belated excellent news, another one on the road.

Rev