The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Austin Garages? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317723)

The Yellow Peril 10th February 2022 12:29

Austin Garages?

Does anyone here know what's happening at Austin Garages nr. Burton? I've been trying to get in touch with Nick since before Christmas. Recorded message says close family bereavement. No sign of activity at the premises.

onefortheroad 10th February 2022 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril (Post 2919935)
Does anyone here know what's happening at Austin Garages nr. Burton? I've been trying to get in touch with Nick since before Christmas. Recorded message says close family bereavement. No sign of activity at the premises.

I’m not sure what is happening at Nicks at the moment but I hope everything is okay with him and Jean.
We send all our best!

Oldoaks 10th February 2022 21:11

They are still managing to list and sell items on the ‘Austin Garages’ eBay account. I have been waiting since before Christmas to hear about my car that they have (with no response).

steve00136 10th February 2022 22:10

Yes been trying to book my car in as well ...... last email I got back from Jean was in December saying open for bookings January .... but no response to emails since then!
Hope alls OK.

JeffH 11th February 2022 08:52

Been up to the Austin Garages premises a couple of times in the last 2 weeks and the place is locked up and there does not appear to be any movement in the cars parked outside
Jeff

trikey 11th February 2022 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2920015)
I'm sorry to say that it sounds to me as if they're having trading difficulties. I can't think why a close family bereavement would result in premises closed for over a month and no communication with customers.

Simon

Maybe because the loss of a loved one hits you like a freight train.

We don’t know the circumstances of the bereavement, at the end of the day it’s a business, I get that folk want to know what’s going on, but it’s only cars and parts, not a family member.

Respect during these times is paramount.

dave lincs 11th February 2022 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2920015)
I'm sorry to say that it sounds to me as if they're having trading difficulties. I can't think why a close family bereavement would result in premises closed for over a month and no communication with customers.

Simon

Simon

What an unbelievable reply you have made to this without any evidence or facts that you are normally so keen on

Have you ever lost anyone who is close to you because as Trikey has said it can hit you like a train, As for trading difficulties do you know Nicks personal situation or is it just pure guesswork from you?

Dave

Ps lets hope all is well with Nick and the team at Austin Garages

elroy 11th February 2022 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2920031)
Simon

What an unbelievable reply you have made to this without any evidence or facts that you are normally so keen on

Have you ever lost anyone who is close to you because as Trikey has said it can hit you like a train, As for trading difficulties do you know Nicks personal situation or is it just pure guesswork from you?

Dave

Ps lets hope all is well with Nick and the team at Austin Garages

well said, sending Nick and team our best wishes

bl52krz 11th February 2022 10:45

Losing someone affects people in many different ways. If bereavement has taken place, it may be a good idea not to make any comments or rash judgments until the facts are released by those concerned.

Pete 11th February 2022 11:14

I had some parts from Nick in the past and popped in a couple of times from memory, very helpful chap and lovely part of the world round there too. If anyone is in touch with Nick, and as long as it is not intruding on him then any news would be good to know, but hopefully Nick will open his doors again soon.

At this juncture let's keep this thread concerning Nick please.