The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NOT ROVER, mot failure thoughts pls (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314558)

hst125 13th August 2021 08:58

I have to concur with the 3mm change. If I looked at a car with <3mm I’d barter for new ones and do them immediately. I used to be happy with cheap tyres, never keen on mismatched across the axle, change when told etc, but then I bought a mk2 Jetta with new Pirellis on it and realised just how good a car was on good tyres. Don’t forget age hardens them, so wet grip drops, I had a nasty aquaplane in my T4 with 6mm+ all round.
I think ABS has numbed us to feeling the road, my ‘46 TC is on cross plies as was my first car, a ‘65 A40, get too eager on them and you’ll soon wake up and respect the difference!
I also agree with the mentality of worrying certain customers into horrendous bills. I’m very lucky I have a few trusted mechs and testers to keep me and my family safe. I also have guys who know when to repair and when to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxfly 13th August 2021 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln8458 (Post 2895372)
Yes that is a good suggestion, but I'm not sure if my daughter will listen!?:shrug:

Ah yes lol, usually the check is free so she would only have to pay if adjustment is needed...might that persuade her?

sln8458 13th August 2021 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 2895559)
Ah yes lol, usually the check is free so she would only have to pay if adjustment is needed...might that persuade her?

OR
The check was free & as dad paid/got a separate receipt for the cost of the tracking (£30) then she is totally in the dark & that nice place that did the tyres sorted the tracking for free!!
Even better the tyres won't wear out so quickly and dad doesn't get any stick :devil:

Maxfly 13th August 2021 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln8458 (Post 2895568)
OR
The check was free & as dad paid/got a separate receipt for the cost of the tracking (£30) then she is totally in the dark & that nice place that did the tyres sorted the tracking for free!!
Even better the tyres won't wear out so quickly and dad doesn't get any stick :devil:

Haha, that is, a fool proof plan right there;)

sln8458 13th August 2021 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 2895584)
Haha, that is, a fool proof plan right there;)

You win today's prize, yes I am the fool !! :duh: :eek: :getmecoat:

polinsteve 20th August 2021 15:29

Can't really comment on the mot without seeing the tyres, but bearing in mind how worn you say they are, in wet weather they must be very dodgy. Mind you, the replacement costs in store are ridiculous.