The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 & ZT Gallery (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   My first 75. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308594)

Annfield-East 15th October 2020 13:40

My first 75.

7 Attachment(s)
A few snaps of my recently acquired 75 the day after the fitting of a replacement offside wing.

They were taken on the A6076, half a mile north of the village of Maiden Law, County Durham.

A bit of her history.

She had clocked up exactly 100k and, apart from a rusted offside wing and some sill rust, which the trader mentioned before I had even viewed her, was in excellent nick for an 18 year old example. The Ash Grey interior was spotless, and what make it particularly stand out was the firmness and total lack of sagging of the driver’s seat, so often a letdown with otherwise immaculate cars.

Her history points to having been a company/business car for the first three years, during which period she had clocked up 60k when presented for her first MOT, by which time she had changed hands. Since then she has had a much more relaxed pace of life, owned by a person registered as disabled who only clocked up a further 40k in the best part of fifteen years. In fact, when I bought her, she had only done four hundred miles since her last full oil service, inspection and MOT the best part of ten months previously.

Unfortunately her service history is somewhat sparse, with only five stamps in the book, four of which were up to the 60,000 mile mark, then one late last year, but her MOT records show her as having been tested at the same location for thirteen years on the trot. Perhaps her previous owner didn't realise the importance of keeping service history and bills. But its clear that she has been very well looked after, and I will be doing the same.

On Wednesday her OSF wing was replaced and she was been booked in on 26th October for the sill repairs in preparation for her upcoming MOT.

suzublu 15th October 2020 14:06

Very nice:bowdown: but I am biased:D Mine used to look like that:D

mh007 15th October 2020 14:06

Very nice looking car you have there.

I'm sure you'll have a big grin every time you drive it & every time you lock it, walk away & look back at it (a lot of us do it) :D

Rogue 15th October 2020 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2842537)
walk away & look back at it (a lot of us do it) :D

Doesn't everyone? :p:

And congrats on your acquisition :)

FLYING BANANA 15th October 2020 14:47

Congratulations on your buy.

Mason6 17th October 2020 13:46

Welcome to the club, now the 75 has her claws into you you’ll never be able to look back :D:D:D

Annfield-East 17th October 2020 14:01

Yes, I was originally going to buy an ordinary small car, but the temptation to acquire a future classic was too much to pass by.

suzublu 17th October 2020 14:06

There used to be a couple of members up Annfield/Stanley way:cool:

Annfield-East 17th October 2020 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2842849)
There used to be a couple of members up Annfield/Stanley way:cool:

The only 75 that I have seen in the area recently was a rather rusty looking Tourer in the Annfield Plain branch of Tesco's car park.

BoroRover 17th October 2020 14:23

Congrats on your choice of a 75 :bowdown::bowdown: