The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Airiated diesel flow from UBP (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=270062)

CARLMC 6th July 2017 10:58

Airiated diesel flow from UBP

Checked fuel flow from UBP, flowed ok at first then airiated, swapped for another UBP same result, the car had a new ITP @ 5 months ago and all was good until recent starting probs, the car has around 3/4 of a tank in it and the ITP can be heard working, any pointers please

FrenchMike 6th July 2017 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLMC (Post 2514585)
Checked fuel flow from UBP, flowed ok at first then airiated, swapped for another UBP same result, the car had a new ITP @ 5 months ago and all was good until recent starting probs, the car has around 3/4 of a tank in it and the ITP can be heard working, any pointers please

Don't neglect the HP side ....injector leak back etc..

Avulon 6th July 2017 11:23

check the pick up for the pump isn't floating free.

marinabrian 1st August 2017 21:22

The broken ECM is now running nicely, 130 miles and counting.......and no it's not a 116 variant any more, I got sick of that after 60 miles, or should I say 60 yards :getmecoat:.

Mmm, 160BHP test rig, much nicerer :drool4:

Brian :D

COLVERT 2nd August 2017 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2524928)
The broken ECM is now running nicely, 130 miles and counting.......and no it's not a 116 variant any more, I got sick of that after 60 miles, or should I say 60 yards :getmecoat:.

Mmm, 160BHP test rig, much nicerer :drool4:

Brian !!!!!

Is your post in the right thread ????----:shrug:-----:D

marinabrian 3rd August 2017 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2525351)
Brian !!!!!

Is your post in the right thread ????----:shrug:-----:D

It most certainly is John ;), the reason for Carl's non starting woes were down to injector load drop caused by water ingress into his ECM.

I've repaired his ECM, had it on test in my own car for several hundred miles, and removed it this afternoon, reset the security seed to match Carl's immobiliser, and overhauled the ropey key he sent along with his ECM.

It's all boxed up and ready to head back to Midi-Pyrénées via the Post Office tomorrow morning, strangely enough, the other parcel is going to Newton Abbot............spooky :eek:

I suspect once he plugs it back in, he'll be rewarded with an instant start :cool:

Mickyboy 3rd August 2017 22:17

Top work mate, he will be very happy I'm sure
Mick

COLVERT 8th August 2017 21:04

Brian !!!!!!!! You've been using those crystal balls again. Lol. How you got all the info you did out of that first post is Amazing.

How you found that this guy was over here in France--:shrug:--WELL !!!

It's true, miracles do happen and sometimes on this forum.-----:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: