The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75CDti 2005 not starting p0102 p2141 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297168)

RPWC 5th July 2019 07:45

Take off your fuel filler cap, turn your key to position 2, ignition lights on, go to fuel filler and see if you can hear a humming noise. If so, your in tank pump is working, if not then it’s dead. Then go to engine, and see if under bonnet pump is working, it sits on side of battery box with electrical connector on top and fuel pipe. Turn ignition off then on again, if pump is operating you will feel it vibrating, if not, tap the top with the handle of a screwdriver and see if it kicks in. If both pumps are operating, then the fault could be the head of the fuel filter, it contains a pressure sensor. The best bet is to get it on a T4.

Rifster 5th July 2019 16:01

when rac scanned the car they came up with: p0480 cooling fan, p1195 fuel press control valve, p1e25 camshaft pos sensor (I changed this) p0100 air inlet sensor, p0400egr syst reg ....
any advise on these codes ??

marinabrian 5th July 2019 19:05

There is a break in the red and white wire which derives it power from fuse one in the engine compartment fusebox ;)

This cable is wired radially from a splice in the ECM plastic housing, feeding pin 12 of the glow plug relay, CMP, HP regulator, MAF, and EGR ;)

Take a wire, poke it into pin 12 of the glow plug relay connector, and connect it to battery +ve.

The car will now start ;)

Then you can check first off fuse 1 in the engine compartment fusebox, then work your way back to the splice..... it starts as a yellow wire, then yellow with a blue tracer, before changing to red and white.

This chaotic colour scheme is because of legacy to the other engine types fitted.

Have fun

Brian :D

Rifster 6th July 2019 13:21

Thanks

Thanks all for the advise ... lets c whats happs !
wish me luck .... i do like the car ...

RPWC 9th July 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2745929)

Keep us posted

COLVERT 11th July 2019 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2745929)

Five days on.---How's your luck ????---:shrug:

Running ????????

Rifster 11th July 2019 14:53

started .... woo hoooo

yes guys ... after trying everything with yr helpful tips went back 2 basics and got the manual out. came across a page which showed where the fuel cut off switch is located and how 2 reset it. gave it a try and boooom the car started.
someone said it had 2 be simple the car cant just stop working.
it stopped on me twice now .. so think it might be a dodgy switch .... any suggestions ???
thanks again guyz ...

Number 6 11th July 2019 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2746989)
yes guys ... after trying everything with yr helpful tips went back 2 basics and got the manual out. came across a page which showed where the fuel cut off switch is located and how 2 reset it. gave it a try and boooom the car started.
someone said it had 2 be simple the car cant just stop working.
it stopped on me twice now .. so think it might be a dodgy switch .... any suggestions ???
thanks again guyz ...

Err,Replace the switch would be a good start,,(No Pun intended)

Rifster 11th July 2019 16:12

fuel cut off switch

can I bypass the switch without any problems ...
or not advised ??

marinabrian 11th July 2019 17:53

Can I ask a question, when you turned the key before, did the hazard warning lights start flashing?