The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Alternatives to a FireStick? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299933)

bikerdude666 13th October 2019 21:08

Alternatives to a FireStick?

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can recommend a reliable alternative to the amazon Firestick? Looking for something that will work using similar apps: Netflix, iPlayer, ITVplayer, Disney channel, youtube and amazon video.

Want something that will work reliably, all the time. The firestick randomly switches off sometimes, and then it reloads itself, switches off again and repeat. Just have to leave it for an hour or 2 and then it'll work again. I've tried the 'fixes' I've read about online, and while some of them have seemingly improved it a bit for a while, it inevitably starts again.

Rogue 13th October 2019 21:18

Roku sticks do much the same thing...

bikerdude666 14th October 2019 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2768455)
Roku sticks do much the same thing...

Thanks, do you have 1? Are there any issues of freezing or crashing? Seems a good price.

Rogue 15th October 2019 01:20

No, but we supplied them with a set we sold as it had little 'smart' options and havn't had any complaints back from them.

bikerdude666 15th October 2019 08:24

Thanks, I've had a look and it looks almost perfect, except from what I can see it hasn't got the Disney Life app. I'll have a look around and see if I can find out more.

RogerHeinz57 19th October 2019 18:08

Derrick, I have a Now TV thingyamajigy here that is no longer used following the purchase of new TV's here. Yours to try if you want to give it a go.

ratchet 20th October 2019 11:18

An android tv box will do the job.

You'll probably have to load the apps on to it (many will be already loaded). There are loads of tutorials on the www that will show you how.

There is a vast range out there - I'm currently using a Tanix TX6, and have had no problems with it in the the year that I've owned it. Given that I've had it a year, there will now be faster, cheaper and better models available.

bikerdude666 20th October 2019 21:23

Thanks, I'll look into it, Amazon stick still not working and there's things I want to watch, so need to sort something out.

Avulon 5th November 2019 15:02

Firestick/godstick/match

alternative.

Clipper, zippo, flamethrower...

:flame: (coldn't find a flamethrower).

ceedy 5th November 2019 17:28

is the Firestick the original version ? , We have both the older and the new alexa version. the later one is a lot better altogether ;) although if tuned a bit and the latest software put in it the old one still works well .

C