The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is there something wrong with me? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301474)

Ray L 13th December 2019 13:45

Is there something wrong with me?

When I get out of my Connie and the door shuts with that special 'Clunk' I get a real lift, then, after walking away I turn around and look back and see that 'shape', well, it's a bit (well just a bit) like that honeymoon feeling.

Could this be love?

patrolman pete 13th December 2019 14:54

The turning to look back at the car is perfectly normal as that is what the designer Richard Wooley intended according to something I read :icon_lol:

roverbarmy 13th December 2019 15:07

......... and do you get jealous when gentlemen of a certain age admire her?:Mrs_Claus:

BoroRover 13th December 2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2781254)
......... and do you get jealous when gentlemen of a certain age admire her?:Mrs_Claus:

I don't get jealous, I get a feeling of being the proud owner. I regularly meet a gent in his 70's at my newsagents when I pick up my morning paper.
Each time he runs his hands along the roof, and looks at the interior, smiles, and says " oh a Rover 75, lovely, lovely, lovely".

I like that guy !!

roverbarmy 13th December 2019 15:42

If he toucha my car he a sleep wid da fishes!:envy::jedi::flame::target::oops:

macafee2 13th December 2019 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray L (Post 2781242)
When I get out of my Connie and the door shuts with that special 'Clunk' I get a real lift, then, after walking away I turn around and look back and see that 'shape', well, it's a bit (well just a bit) like that honeymoon feeling.

Could this be love?

the clunk.... just like a Golf :)

I think it is a reassuring clunk

macafee2

Kevin Williams 13th December 2019 16:26

Earlier this week, I had just parked my scruffy looking ZT [due to volume of rain /muck on roads following local floods] in a restaurant car park [and looked back..] when a chap who'd parked in the other end of the car park walked up to me and said what's your car-it's so different to everything else. After I'd told him and explained it's got a BMW diesel in there etc. etc. he was fascinated. When he said he'd come in a Tesla and explained that you can update it via software upgrades I was amazed [bit out of touch with new cars etc.]. Then he said, I bet you get more fun per pound for yours, which I guess may be true!

BTW He then revealed he'd bought the wrong Porsche recently: his father in law has a 996 and he spotted what he thought was a similar one and bought it. Turns out it's a 997 which he told me is prone to engine problems along the line....! I suggested he might like to buy a 75 or ZT and have some cheaper fun!

oswestryalex 13th December 2019 20:05

Yes, a Tesla looks OK, but like most modern stuff, all a bit clinical. It's less driving a car, more operating a game console! I think the MG ZT and Rover 75 just about got it right at the time. Heads turn for a reason - a real classic design icon... so I am biased... but the depreciation costs annually for ours are peanuts, and insurance is low too compared to the modern stuff. So, I shall keep on with these cars, I reckon.

grout20 14th December 2019 07:07

Always look back .... probably at least twice after cleaning it! :icon_lol:

Happy chrimbo all

:smiley:

John

robeire 14th December 2019 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray L (Post 2781242)

Could this be love?

Hi mate ,

I do the same all the time🤠
What a car ...the emotions the repairs the shine 😎 mine looks like it’s from another planet in the corporate car park of Audi BM merc earth . 🤪

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk