The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Photography Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Video/photo record of the 10th Anniversary Relay (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38263)

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 07:52

Video/photo record of the 10th Anniversary Relay

Hi, I hope most of you will know by now, that we are staging a Round Britain Relay to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the Rover 75 on the 19th, 20th and 21st June.

It's an ambitious project, but hopefully a rewarding and enjoyable one which recognizes how we feel about our cars, and should help to raise a bit of awareness and generate new memberships.

What I was wondering is if any of the members who follow activities in this thread would be interested in creating a video/photo record of the Relay.

What I had in mind is that members could arrange to be at the Start, handover points, strategic places along the route and at the finish, to capture the excitement and preserve it for the clubs history.

Many of this forums members could contribute, and I think what would be good is if one or two members could act as co-ordinators, synchronizing the recording/photographing of each stage handover etc, and then pulling all the material together into a finished record.

If you would like to join in this event, please register your interest, and if you would like to take ownership for overseeing the project please let me know.

Many thanks

Andrew

ragitty 17th May 2009 16:57

I would be quite happy to put pics of this historical moment into video form and place it onto youtube, subject to the approval of the Directors simply because it will come under the clubs banner.;)

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragitty (Post 330825)
I would be quite happy to put pics of this historical moment into video form and place it onto youtube, subject to the approval of the Directors simply because it will come under the clubs banner.;)

Hi Ragitty

Many thanks for your kind offer.

So far, (touch wood) the directors have not said anything to make me think that they are less than pleased about what we are planning. As long as we respect the fact that this event is not an "official" club event, and that the club takes no responsibility for it, then my approach is to press on until someone says "stop". As long as the name of the club is not misrepresented then off we go.

It would be great if a few members from the photography corner could get involved in capturing the event with a degree of professionalism and quality that a simple digital snapper could not do. Here's hoping.

Andrew

Christopher 17th May 2009 18:33

:wot:

In a nutshell Andrew as long as the club is not misrepresented etc you have as mch support as we can give.

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 330855)
:wot:

In a nutshell Andrew as long as the club is not misrepresented etc you have as mch support as we can give.

Cheers Christopher, PM sent

Andrew

JohnDotCom 17th May 2009 21:32

May I also recommend that you get "clearance/permissions" from all members partaking
that they don't mind themselves or cars to be published in Video or Newspapers or magazines.
This will prevent any problems with copyright or any other issues which may/could arise.
I doubt there will be any objections, but we cannot take it as said.

The Yellow Peril 17th May 2009 21:38

Absolutely agree JD, I was thinking along the lines of asking participants to sign up to an "agreement" which would detail the T's & C's of the Relay and include something along the lines you've mentioned re: Confidentiality etc.

Anyone with ideas on this please reply

Andrew

ragitty 18th May 2009 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 330980)
May I also recommend that you get "clearance/permissions" from all members partaking
that they don't mind themselves or cars to be published in Video or Newspapers or magazines.
This will prevent any problems with copyright or any other issues which may/could arise.
I doubt there will be any objections, but we cannot take it as said.

Also as a precaution may be advisable for any pics posted to have their number plates blanked out.

The Yellow Peril 18th May 2009 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragitty (Post 331149)
Also as a precaution may be advisable for any pics posted to have their number plates blanked out.

Is this really such a problem. What sort of risk does it pose?

Andy

Simon 18th May 2009 18:13

I can get hold of a pretty industry-standard "model release form" that basically signs over copyright of images to the photographer. I can amend the contractual paragraphs to hand over intellectual rights and copyright to the 75 and ZT Owners Club for the purpose of publicity and media publication etc etc. I will report back when I've drafted something up. :)