The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1/2" drive Cordless Impact gun (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317724)

roverbarmy 10th February 2022 12:56

1/2" drive Cordless Impact gun

Recommendations please for car servicing/maintenance work (wheel studs and general maintenance). I had an air impact gun but could do with a cordless to save having to cart the compressor or pipes around the garage. Don't want too flimsy but don't need too heavy. My old joints are getting past heavy spannering but don't want to give up altogether! By the time I get all the wheel fixings off I get too tired to remove the wheel!!!:D I already have a small driver that is OK for running on or off once the nuts/bolts are free.

ceedy 10th February 2022 13:44

i've a DEWALT DCF899N-XJsupposed to be nearly 1000Nm :eek: smashs most things off , BUT won't touch my Diesel Crank bolt :duh:

C

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2919936)
Recommendations please for car servicing/maintenance work (wheel studs and general maintenance). I had an air impact gun but could do with a cordless to save having to cart the compressor or pipes around the garage. Don't want too flimsy but don't need too heavy. My old joints are getting past heavy spannering but don't want to give up altogether! By the time I get all the wheel fixings off I get too tired to remove the wheel!!!:D I already have a small driver that is OK for running on or off once the nuts/bolts are free.

roverbarmy 10th February 2022 14:26

I think that wheel studs/nuts will be the biggest torque that I will need now!;)

trikey 10th February 2022 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2919937)
i've a DEWALT DCF899N-XJsupposed to be nearly 1000Nm :eek: smashs most things off , BUT won't touch my Diesel Crank bolt :duh:

C

I have the same one and mines never failed! 🤘

Rich in Vancouver 10th February 2022 14:38

I have a Milwaukee M18 impact. It's a handy tool although when rattling off
something very tight like a KV6 crank pulley the battery does have to be fully charged. Wheel nuts are a breeze.
As a bonus Milwaukee has a range of tools that use the same battery. I have their circular saw, shop vac and leaf blower and string trimmer.

AndyN01 10th February 2022 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2919936)
......Don't want too flimsy but don't need too heavy......

See if you can get your local Toolstation/Screwfix etc.etc. to let you hold one complete with battery. It'll give you an idea about what you'll be able to handle for just cracking the nuts/bolts as then your small driver can take over.

Happy shopping :}

clf 10th February 2022 14:58

I have a kielder 003 which is their low rated one (around 200 or 250nm) it is relatively cheap, around 130 with a 4ah battery. It does wheel nuts and bolts without issue. Although at the start it did take a while (apparently this is normal according to the instructions, but it is fine now).

They also do an 013 which is rated at 400nm, but they are twice the price.

I also have a lidl one which is supposedly capable up to 400nm. I haven't had an opportunity to test that, but they handle wheel bolts without issue. It is also switchable torque. For 60 or 65 quid with a 4ah battery also it is hard to beat. It feels quite well made too, but because of the price, i would dubious for professional use. In saying that, when they are on sale, they sell out fast, apparently tradesfolk buy them.up.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

polinsteve 10th February 2022 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2919940)
I have the same one and mines never failed! 🤘

I ended up going to a garage in Eastbourne which literally used blood, sweat and one of those thermal coil things.
Back on topic, I bought an air gun from LIDL middle aisle. A total waste of money, I could hold the socket and the ratchet would slip.

SCP440 10th February 2022 16:54

I will second the Milwaukee M18, they come in a range of powers depending on what you are intending to use it for.

The kit including a battery and charger is often on a special on SGS if you are patient.

I have the biggest one and it has yet to fail but as has been said the battery needs to be fully charged on some of the tougher jobs.

Like this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/milw...arger-and-case

macafee2 10th February 2022 17:01

has there been a thread already about this last year?

macafee2