The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Undertrays (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317185)

YorksMG2013 10th January 2022 11:07

Undertrays

Guys an update: I rang Hampsons. They may still have some left, but don't have staff time to go digging to see if/how many they have.

The lady I spoke to is going to try and get someone to go and look, but no guarantees. Maybe one for the future to be followed up, but may not help me in my short term need.

Does anyone have any nos units? or a very good condition used one?

Thanks

Andrew

victorgte 10th January 2022 19:01

I'd like a new one if available.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

DMGRS 11th January 2022 17:52

We spoke to them about these - the problem we had was actually finding a courier to get them from us to our customers (which is the problem with scuttle panels too).

If anyone in another industry has a suggestion for a large-item courier we can use I'm all ears and we'd likely be able to secure a deal for production of these - it's just getting them out which seems to be the issue.

So far we've spoken to APC, Caribou, TNT and FedEx - all unwilling to carry something this large but very thin.

trikey 11th January 2022 19:07

Who do Hampson's use to ship their stuff about?

bikerdude666 11th January 2022 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 2916028)
We spoke to them about these - the problem we had was actually finding a courier to get them from us to our customers (which is the problem with scuttle panels too).

If anyone in another industry has a suggestion for a large-item courier we can use I'm all ears and we'd likely be able to secure a deal for production of these - it's just getting them out which seems to be the issue.

So far we've spoken to APC, Caribou, TNT and FedEx - all unwilling to carry something this large but very thin.

Have you spoken to Tuffnells? It wasn't thin, but they delivered the driveway gates for us, and they're pretty big. Surely if they were packed in a wooden frame or something they'd be ok?

Rich in Vancouver 11th January 2022 23:18

A large cardboard box much like the ones used to ship LP records through the mail would be the way to ship these. They could probably be sourced out of the far east along with the trays (Assuming that's where they come from).
As for shippers??? Where I am (Canada) something that size would have to ship via truck freight. That said I had a car lift delivered by UPS. I thought the poor driver was going to blow a gasket getting the cartons off the truck.

macafee2 12th January 2022 08:08

will an undertray fit on a pallet? Pallet online? may be able to advise
Pallets can be found for free kicking around industrial estates :)

macafee2

smudge.g 12th January 2022 09:08

I had a used undertray delivered a few years ago to us here in NE Scotland from a scrappy in England. Cant remember which courier delivered it but they just slapped the address label on one side and sent it like that. Delivery guy just left it leaning against our gate but at least it got here!! (sorry cant be more help!) :getmecoat:

bendrick 12th January 2022 13:02

Well Hampsons sent my original old stock /new undertray by courier about 3 or so years ago.

I'm struggling to recall whether it turned up with just a sticker on the undertray or in a box. I don't recall which courier it was at the time.

I have hunted out an email at the time which says £90 incl P&P and fixings.

Perhaps since, they have decided that they don't want all the faff and hassle of searching out and despatching these items if still available. Its a pity as they of course had all the original heat shields and the holes were in the right places.

SD1too 12th January 2022 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 2916028)
We spoke to them about these - the problem we had was actually finding a courier to get them from us to our customers ...

Parcelforce will, but they're expensive. Parcel2Go offers DX, Tufnell's and even Hermes.

It would be great if you could take all of Hampson's remaining stock as that might motivate them to start looking!

Simon