The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   why i hate Undertrays (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=233188)

awvc1 18th December 2015 19:04

why i hate Undertrays

Today I popped on a road trip to pick something up, and while I was on the way, I heard a noise and I could not work out what it was for a bit. Then I discovered my undertray had started falling off.

That now brings the total to 3.

The original one fell off and ended up goodness knows where - I can't be blamed for screwing up the fixings, as it was only ever touched by my mechanic at that point ;)

No. 2 turned out to be a cheap polish pattern part that didn't fit properly, and half dropped and had to be removed.

No. 3 was a second hand oem one, and I thought that would be the end of it all. Alas, this one fell off today.

I hate them, and I will not be replacing the stupid thing anymore.

Were it not for 129c's help today while I was caught out by this a way from home, I'd have been much worse off for sure!

LotusLC 18th December 2015 19:08

First thing i did was take mine off, i would rather be able to check easily if anything else was about to fall off :shocked:

Heddy 18th December 2015 19:12

I like 'em, albeit mine's been shortened for access to the sump plug. Only thing I don't like is having to remove it to save time when a mate does repairs for me.:Snow:

Dallas 18th December 2015 19:13

I had them on my 75's, and they were also a blooming nightmare to get on & off.

Bought the ZT without one, and thats the way it is staying...

Dont care what anybody says about needing one.

mystabe 18th December 2015 19:13

Undertrays are a funny one, I've driven my CDTi without one and with one and it's staying on to be honest BUT people who have cars that come with them always think it would be an improvement to take them off and people who have cars that don't come with them spend lots of time and money trying to fit them :)

awvc1 18th December 2015 19:14

i had this idea that it would make the car quieter and help with aerodynamics. Now I just don't give a jot for what it does, I want this darn thing off the car so it can't trip me up again!

awvc1 18th December 2015 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2173444)
I had them on my 75's, and they were also a blooming nightmare to get on & off.

Bought the ZT without one, and thats the way it is staying...

Dont care what anybody says about needing one.

well I dont seem to have the problem getting it off, but I agree with you about getting it on clearly - and so would 129c I reckon after the fun it gave us this afternoon eh? ;)

wullie480 18th December 2015 19:20

I removed the ones from our zts during a service and never stuck them back on.
Still sitting at the side of the shed & no intention of fitting them back on.

During the recent bad weather I spotted 2 at the side of the road just after a big puddle so no doubt ripped off with the force from the water.

bl52krz 18th December 2015 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2173456)
I removed the ones from our zts during a service and never stuck them back on.
Still sitting at the side of the shed & no intention of fitting them back on.

During the recent bad weather I spotted 2 at the side of the road just after a big puddle so no doubt ripped off with the force from the water.

Perhaps it's me, or the way you go about getting them on and off, but I have no trouble getting them on or off. So what are you doing wrong, or perhaps it's patience you need?

awvc1 18th December 2015 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2173461)
Perhaps it's me, or the way you go about getting them on and off, but I have no trouble getting them on or off. So what are you doing wrong, or perhaps it's patience you need?

well I know who to call on to get it back on again once and for all then ? ;) hehehe

Actually little chance of that, relax - after having been dragged on the road, the end pieces at the very back have worn down past the mounting holes, so that's it for that one, and like I say I've bought 2 of these things. no more.