The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Disaster: Can anyone help please? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311048)

2750 HP 13th February 2021 10:50

Disaster: Can anyone help please?

Good morning: yesterday i was working on my 190. Howver, i have lost the only key that i have. The car is locked and blocking in my garage.

Is there such a thing as a universal key / tranponder to allow for opening and moving? Any help /suggestions greatly appreciated as at a loss what to do other than keep on searching but after a couple of hours not looking good.

Thanks and regards
Steve

Reebs 13th February 2021 11:17

The only thing I can suggest is you contact one of our forum traders who can cut and code you a new key if you send off your ecu. Not sure whereabouts you are as your profile just says ‘Little England’ but if it’s down South, I can recommend cb750chris in Fareham.

2750 HP 13th February 2021 14:34

Hi again: panic over. My youngest lad is not allowed at the gym due to Covid closure so he has borrowed a load of weights etc long term which he has stored in the boot of the 190.

After finishing what i did yesterday he got the key, did his weight training and forgot to put the key in the usual place.

All is well that ends well.

I think i will at least get a key with correct profile made such that i should be able to get in but without the transponder unable to start the car - better than nothing.

Oh for the days of the good old 'FS' type simple key!

Steve

marinabrian 13th February 2021 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2750 HP (Post 2865084)
Hi again: panic over. My youngest lad is not allowed at the gym due to Covid closure so he has borrowed a load of weights etc long term which he has stored in the boot of the 190.

After finishing what i did yesterday he got the key, did his weight training and forgot to put the key in the usual place.

All is well that ends well.

I think i will at least get a key with correct profile made such that i should be able to get in but without the transponder unable to start the car - better than nothing.

Oh for the days of the good old 'FS' type simple key!

Steve

Treat yourself to one of these Steve.....LINK

They cut the blade from a photo of your key, and in the event of any future key loss, you can at least get into the car and move it, or have the electronics sorted to make it a full blown spare.

Brian :D

Thunderbolt 14th February 2021 20:53

Little England - Pembrokeshire??

bikerdude666 14th February 2021 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2865131)
Treat yourself to one of these Steve.....LINK

They cut the blade from a photo of your key, and in the event of any future key loss, you can at least get into the car and move it, or have the electronics sorted to make it a full blown spare.

Brian :D

Hi Brian, have you used that company? I could also use a spare, lost mine when we moved house, but can't see how they can cut it just from a photo?

Dorset Bob 14th February 2021 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2865386)
Hi Brian, have you used that company? I could also use a spare, lost mine when we moved house, but can't see how they can cut it just from a photo?

They can. I "lost" my spare key for my Daytona and ordered a key from a photograph. It works perfectly.

Actually, I am paranoid about some scum stealing my keys and the bike, whilst I am away.

The day the replacement arrived, I went out for a ride and found the original spare key hidden in my motorcycle boots. :o

Squirrels and nuts spring to mind. :getmecoat:

2750 HP 15th February 2021 18:29

My thanks to all re your advice.

Steve

Little England is just south of Stoke on Trent