The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   e-Zee Coolant temp Gauge (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292615)

Ched 6th February 2019 11:38

IMHO a coolant level sensor would be more beneficial.

clf 6th February 2019 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2708954)
IMHO a coolant level sensor would be more beneficial.

Coolant level won't indicate if the inline stat has failed though ;) (temp gauge doesn't work - My fault)

sent from here

VVC-Geeza 6th February 2019 13:03

I have both the coolant level sensor and temp gauge which were supplied by Jack around 2012.
They provide much reassurance and both still working well.
Jack is still supplying the button type temp gauges like the ones in Ronnies pic, around £8 on ebay if I remember correctly.
Lovel (gary) also built some excellent level sensor kits which utilise the lamp in the instrument pack as MGR intended.

Ched 6th February 2019 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2708960)
Coolant level won't indicate if the inline stat has failed though ;) (temp gauge doesn't work - My fault)

sent from here

It would have told me the level had got low thus preventing my engine from having hgf, which was likely caused by failed O rings on the thermo pipes, which were also replaced due to previous O ring failure.

Both would be a huge bonus to have tho :}

Ched 6th February 2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2708972)
I have both the coolant level sensor and temp gauge which were supplied by Jack around 2012.
They provide much reassurance and both still working well.
Jack is still supplying the button type temp gauges like the ones in Ronnies pic, around £8 on ebay if I remember correctly.
Lovel (gary) also built some excellent level sensor kits which utilise the lamp in the instrument pack as MGR intended.

Unfortunately he cant get the most important component for it anymore otherwise I'd have one or two.

VVC-Geeza 6th February 2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2708977)
Unfortunately he cant get the most important component for it anymore otherwise I'd have one or two.

Just checked and he is no longer listing anything on ebay.The oval gauges were certainly there in November.Shame about that.I can thoroughly recommend the cup holder type if he decides to make any more of those.

Lord of Hog 6th February 2019 15:17

I could do with a spare.

clf 6th February 2019 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2708985)
Just checked and he is no longer listing anything on ebay.The oval gauges were certainly there in November.Shame about that.I can thoroughly recommend the cup holder type if he decides to make any more of those.

They were indeed, and I had planned to get one, once Christmas was out of the way (4 close family members' birthday during this time too ) . The oval 'upgrade ' kits were available til at least last weekend, for around 20 quid, but these were to adapt the rectangular original gauges.

:duh: :(

sent from here

neilll 7th February 2019 00:22

Hi guys,
I thought Paul's (Sheraton) original post was "does anyone want a coolant temperature gauge" I would like one and have tried a few times through his site to acquire one, but due too lack of interest I didn't think he was interested! Thanks to Paul there may be a chance of the interested party's getting hold of one. Could people not interested in one, not bother posting on this thread or if they want something else please start a new thread!
Paul does a list need to be made of interested parties (I have no idea how to start it!).
Maybe start a list for people who want a coolant level sensor as well (could be interested) as they can`t be bothered to start there own thread!!!

Regards

Neil

handyjackdaniels 7th February 2019 08:38

I got one of these from Jack a couple of months ago, he said then he was finding it harder to get hold of some of the components, maybe that's why he has stopped producing them at present.

The beeping on start up is annoying at times but cant be switched off, shows it working correctly I suppose.

Steve.