The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sad day - MFL being scrapped (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=280610)

Dawn 13th March 2018 16:40

Sad day - MFL being scrapped

The Old English 499MFL is being broken after engine failure. A sad day - the first I will need to remove, not add to the white register. :(

suzublu 13th March 2018 16:56

Noticed Colin selling bits off it on facecloth:o On the brightside, he's saved an Odyssey :cool::D

Ravinder 13th March 2018 16:57

Yes, I heard a few weeks ago the engine went boom. I had a feeling this was going to be it’s fate...

marinabrian 13th March 2018 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2606094)
Noticed Colin selling bits off it on facecloth:o On the brightside, he's saved an Odyssey :cool::D

I'll give the Atlantic Blue one six months before it's scrapped :getmecoat:

Brian :cool:

suzublu 13th March 2018 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2606107)
I'll give the Atlantic Blue one six months before it's scrapped :getmecoat:

Brian :cool:

Thought it was Keith's old odyssey turbo Bri:shrug:

Claudec 13th March 2018 17:31

Enthuasiastic as ever brian 😂😂😂

Dawn 13th March 2018 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2606095)
Yes, I heard a few weeks ago the engine went boom. I had a feeling this was going to be it’s fate...

Had the belts been done? He posted it wasn't worth doing as it needed rear suspension legs and gearbox solenoid as well. Surprised the solenoid hadn't been done, as Murphy posted about that when he sold it! I tried to get her before my 1.8, but by the time I'd found someone to fetch her from Scotland she'd been sold. `

Ennine 13th March 2018 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2606127)
Had the belts been done? He posted it wasn't worth doing as it needed rear suspension legs and gearbox solenoid as well. Surprised the solenoid hadn't been done, as Murphy posted about that when he sold it! I tried to get her before my 1.8, but by the time I'd found someone to fetch her from Scotland she'd been sold. `

All the belts were done, tensioner, water pump, the works

Dawn 13th March 2018 17:51

Such a shame. I've heard about one or two still going boom after having the belts done. Bit scary, really! She always looked so nice. :(

Claudec 13th March 2018 18:18

Sadly, financial and time restrictions mean I have no choice but to take off the bits that may help other cars and send MFL on her way. This wasnt an easy decision as i truly had fallen in love with the car. Its not always possible when you have a young family and low paying job to do the things you want.

Things that needed doing were, engine replacement, autobox soleniod, rear arms and springs, brake pipes ,new seats, and rear arches were rusty. On top of all that she had been involved in an RTA in which a lady drove straight into the front of her and cracked the front bumper. To put everything right it was going to be in excess of 800...money i sadly dont have.

She recently had a new thermostat and pipes, new breather pipes and a black oak dash fitted as recently as 3 weeks ago.

Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough, im taking the desirable parts off to pay for atlantic which i borrowed money to do.

I hope everyone can see my reasoning behind my decision and look forward to seeing everyone at the shows.

Colin