The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT result! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314606)

coolguy 9th August 2021 14:24

MOT result!

My beloved Tourer has stood since November 2019 having suffered a flooded ECU, which did dry out but proved unreliable. The pandemic has meant I have used other cars, but finally got Big Russ to organise a replacement (Big thanks), and I put a new battery on her. Started first time and ran smoothly, so booked an MOT which has just been completed. I was concerned that she smoked on driving to the garage (less than a mile), but she passed with a few minor advisories. I had expected to have a fair bit of recommissioning to do, but apparently not required. So it's off to the body shop to have her bonnet repainted (dreadful lacquer peel although not another spot anywhere).

Result.

roverbarmy 9th August 2021 15:53

A pass is always good. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

dave lincs 9th August 2021 15:56

Might be worth trying to find a second hand bonnet in the same colour?

coolguy 9th August 2021 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2895058)
Might be worth trying to find a second hand bonnet in the same colour?

Might have to - my body shop is booked up until mid-October! Colour is CEB (Damson Red)

Zircon 10th August 2021 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2895048)
My beloved Tourer has stood since November 2019 having suffered a flooded ECU, which did dry out but proved unreliable. The pandemic has meant I have used other cars, but finally got Big Russ to organise a replacement (Big thanks), and I put a new battery on her. Started first time and ran smoothly, so booked an MOT which has just been completed. I was concerned that she smoked on driving to the garage (less than a mile), but she passed with a few minor advisories. I had expected to have a fair bit of recommissioning to do, but apparently not required. So it's off to the body shop to have her bonnet repainted (dreadful lacquer peel although not another spot anywhere).

Result.

Congratulations!😊

postbasher 10th August 2021 10:49

congratulations

congratulations to us both...mine just passed this morning...I have to say tho that i dont handle the tension of mot day very well...this morning it was more like the garage and I were in some kind of hostage situation :D

coolguy 10th August 2021 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by postbasher (Post 2895206)
congratulations to us both...mine just passed this morning...I have to say tho that i dont handle the tension of mot day very well...this morning it was more like the garage and I were in some kind of hostage situation :D

Imagine having 2 or 3 some months! I must slim the fleet down.