The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Perfect Xmas Message (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316971)

suzublu 24th December 2021 13:39

The Perfect Xmas Message

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with the respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year of 2022, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.
It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement this wish, or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
In other words, Merry Christmas :xmas-smiley-008:

MSS 24th December 2021 14:42

Ronnie, may I offer you a Merry Christmas in return, without prejudice to my own strict legal, moral, religious, cultural, fiscal, regional, seasonal, motoring and sexual preferences whatever they may be and in whatever form they may be practiced or otherwise indulged.

:smiley:

Maninder.

stevestrat 24th December 2021 16:14

If that's the new Christmas message gonna need bigger Christmas cards.

DRWMGTF 24th December 2021 17:17

Merry Christmas Ronnie.

Reebs 25th December 2021 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2913705)
Please accept with no obligation………

:wot:
:xmas-smiley-039:

wraymond 26th December 2021 14:24

In the interests of balance, and to placate all sides, I offer the wisest comment I enjoyed recently:

“Woke is the revenge of the Dullard on the Wit, the Curtain-twitcher on the Hedonist, the Wallflower on the Whirling Dancer”.

JulieBirchill.

MSS 26th December 2021 15:23

Wraymond - please would you be awfully kind and translate that for us English speaking people? :xmas-smiley-008:

wraymond 26th December 2021 17:12

Translation (partly):

The ‘Wit’ can see more than one side and can use humour to mock what he/she sees as the prejudice of the ‘Dullard’ who is ignorant and is always ill-informed.

The ‘Curtain-twitcher’ is the one who secretly observes (and envies) the ‘Hedonist’ and his perceived reckless independence of any criticism when going his own occasionally perilous way.

The ‘Wallflower’ is the secret and timid observer, who criticises the independent thinker or activist and who wouldn’t dare to voice an opinion in fear of argument.

These are extremes of course. The estimable Ms. J. Burchill makes a living out of acidly accurate and deserved mockery of those she sees as impostors or deliberate troublemakers.

There is, I’m sure the lady knows, a Hebraic name for it but my spelling of it is highly suspect (maybe somebody could help me with this): Cockleoffle? Coccuilloffal?

By the way Maninder, your self-deprecation apropo English is admirably modest, but doesn’t fool anyone!

KLM 26th December 2021 22:35

A man had a dog called the "N" word...........

He now calls it "a dog of colour" ......:xmas-smiley-008::xmas-smiley-008::xmas-smiley-008:
Kev.

MSS 27th December 2021 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLM (Post 2913951)
A man had a dog called the "N" word...........

He now calls it "a dog of colour" ......:xmas-smiley-008::xmas-smiley-008::xmas-smiley-008:
Kev.

Thank you for injecting your usual thoughts of love and respect for all human beings at this time of Christian celebration.

I am think of moving to the North-West - it would be good to have some nano meets. I'm sure you'll enjoy the company!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: