The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Oldest Bit Of Clothing (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303894)

planenut 29th March 2020 07:59

Oldest Bit Of Clothing

About fifteen years ago I walked into the work car park, alongside a female colleague who remarked that my clothing was "very seventies". I was dressed in my tracksuit ready for my cycle ride home, and told her that in fact that suit was something I had to buy when in college (it was like a uniform), and that would have been in 1970. I didn't use it for anything else other than my cycle ride to and from home (weather permitting).

I am pretty tight fisted and that's why I have never changed shape since those college days, in the fear I would have to buy some new clothes to accommodate those changes; spend money?

I do realize that some of my clothes are older than most of my relations but I consider it a waste to throw something out in the name of fashion. There's that danger I might have to spend to replace it.

I decided not to cycle to work this weekend due to the wind speed, but had I done so, I would still be wearing that tracksuit. With only minor repairs, I thought it was pretty good for forty years, but just to emphasize my age and forgetfulness, I realized this morning that it is in fact fifty years old.

Discofan 29th March 2020 09:10

I have a shirt that I bought for one of my first dates with my wife, we're married coming 22 years now and a leather jacket I've had 21 years, both still fit and still worn. 😁

FLYING BANANA 29th March 2020 09:53

My wife bought me a very nice t shirt in 1991 and I still have, and still wear it. In fact most of my clothes were bought by my Val.

Why throw away when they still have lots of life in those clothes. Either the fashion returns or if completely worn out then they can be turned into rags.

My friend Emma turns old shirts/t shirts into cushion covers.

BRG75 29th March 2020 10:07

I'm not sure that I should admit to this, but I have a very nice (in my opinion) zip up sort of pullover, well a cardigan also describes it.

It's burgundy, with grey leather edging.

Bought in the Sixties, when I wish to wear it these day's Jan has to "find" it for me, from wherever she has hidden it this time round.

Might be appropriate for the next meet.

Regards

Mike

trikey 29th March 2020 10:25

I have T shirts that are older than my children, one is from the first monsters of rock at donnington, and a Sex Pistols one from the 70’s.

mileshawk56 29th March 2020 10:33

I looked at some photo's my brother had sent me and I realised I still had the tie I was wearing in these photo's. I baught it in 1956 when I had just been released from National Service. Chris.S P.S. It has a label on it stating "made entirely from Terylene polyester fibre"

Heddy 29th March 2020 12:15

My McLaren 'winners' tee shirt in flame red has seen better days. The actual team wore theirs far far less than me unfortunately.

Saga Lout 29th March 2020 12:33

As Bad

1 Attachment(s)
I'm just as bad, I have some thirty year old T shirts that I bought in 1990 just before the Strangeways riots. I have a shirt that was bought for me in 1993 from C&A and I have a shirt I bought in 1996 to take on holiday to Greece as evening wear, this is a picture of me back then with the said shirt which I still wear once in awhile. I wished I'd worn as good as the shirt over 24 years!

reworht 29th March 2020 13:08

Still got a couple of cravats in the back of the wardrobe :o