The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Overseas Club Members Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Info from non uk R75/MG ZT owners (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=241394)

DEVYL 2nd April 2016 18:13

Info from non uk R75/MG ZT owners

Hello guys, i'm in need of some information about cars registration. I'm looking to buy a ZT 260 ( there are none in Romania ). The problem is that the tax for registering a ZT 260 in Romania is of around 8.700 euros. Even for a 2.5 V6 the tax is almost 4.000 euros. Is there a legal way in any country from Europe to buy the car from there and drive it on its original plates? I mean leave it registered in that country ( paying insurance and anything else is needed ). There is an option to register the car in Bulgaria but is only 80% legal and I don't want to get involved.
Thanks, Alex

Dragrad 3rd April 2016 01:51

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum. ;)

We do have a lot of members from your country.... but after a quick search none with the ZT 260....:shrug:

DEVYL 3rd April 2016 05:11

Thx for the re-direct; I haven't seen any Romanian user around here yet ( maybe they are not that active ). Of course there are no ZT 260's owners... i'm the only one crazy enough to buy one, it is very very expensive to own cars with big engines in Romania; thats why I need to find a way to drive it registered in another country. Beside the ZT 260, a LWB R75 it is an option 😊
I want to be in the position of having a unique car in my country so nobody can reply to me "i have the same car as you" 😎

DragonFly 3rd April 2016 14:51

Technically, under EU regulations, once a vehicle has been in a country for a certain length of time (I think 12 months if memory serves), OR, the vehicles owner becomes resident in that country, then the vehicle MUST be registered in that country.

At least, those are the rules. http://forums.ddns.net/bill/i/forums/whistle.gif

How much notice the Romanian authorities would take of a UK registered vehicle I'm afraid I have no idea.

DEVYL 3rd April 2016 15:59

No such thing here. You can drive a car from any country if u have insurance and original documents translated. The problem is for the "scheme" to be legal in the country from which I'm buying the car

DragonFly 4th April 2016 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVYL (Post 2257311)
No such thing here. You can drive a car from any country if u have insurance and original documents translated. The problem is for the "scheme" to be legal in the country from which I'm buying the car

I can't imagine that the DVLA (the UK vehicle registration people) will care very much once the car is out of the UK.

Jakg 4th April 2016 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFly (Post 2257912)
I can't imagine that the DVLA (the UK vehicle registration people) will care very much once the car is out of the UK.

Quite a few people do this both ways round, hoping that the police in their country will never bother to check a foreign vehicle.

There's even some UK cars running on fake polish plates just to avoid tax etc here.

Woof25 4th April 2016 11:07

A LHD V8 given the low number of V8,s made would be incredibly rare or none existent, as to insurance I suspect most UK insurance companies would not consider a car domiciled outside UK permanently as complying with the conditions of insurance and would void the policy.
More likely to find a V6 2.5 and less complicated regarding road tax and insurance in your country

DEVYL 4th April 2016 16:24

@DragonFly & @Jakg - the problem is the following : if lets say I buy the car from dragonfly and keep it on uk plates, he will still be the owner of the car ( at least his name written on the car's documents ) , I will only have a bill and some paperwork where it says that I bought the car and have the legal rights. This mean I have to pay him insurance every year. The police here will check to have a valid insurance and the car not to be stolen or something like that.

@Woof - there are a couple of LHD MG ZT 260's for sale ( I don't want a R75 V8 because of the auto gearbox ). I already own a 2.5 v6 ( two actually ). I've also found a LWB 2.5 v6 LHD. Paying the registration tax in my country is out of the question for any of these cars. It is very expensive

DragonFly 5th April 2016 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVYL (Post 2258129)
@DragonFly & @Jakg - the problem is the following : if lets say I buy the car from dragonfly and keep it on uk plates, he will still be the owner of the car ( at least his name written on the car's documents ) , I will only have a bill and some paperwork where it says that I bought the car and have the legal rights. This mean I have to pay him insurance every year. The police here will check to have a valid insurance and the car not to be stolen or something like that.

That's not quite how it would work I'm afraid. I (or anyone else with any rational thought) wouldn't be about to let you drive off into the sunset with a car that I'm still (on paper at least) legally responsible for.

If I were to have a V8 to sell you, after you'd prized it from over my dead body :), the log book would be filled in to say that I'd sold it, and you'd bought it, giving your Romanian address.

The DVLA would then amend the vehicle record to show that it had been exported.

You'd then need to insure it in Romania, which to be honest, would probably be the cheaper option for you anyway. There are plenty of insurance companies across mainland Europe that will insure UK registered vehicles. One of my neighbours spends about 7 months of the year in France these days and has his UK registered car and van insured on a French policy.

DEVYL 5th April 2016 04:09

You have a different system. Here when I sell a car, my name is still on the papers until the new owner goes to the police and claims the car; until then, if something bad happens, and let's say the police looks for the owner and come to my door, I can show the papers of me selling the car and thats it. ( actually it happened one time )

Leyland Worldmaster 5th April 2016 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg (Post 2257925)
Quite a few people do this both ways round, hoping that the police in their country will never bother to check a foreign vehicle.

There's even some UK cars running on fake polish plates just to avoid tax etc here.

Interesting; RHD vehicles are not legal- to be registered- in Poland! So they should stand out easily!

Jakg 5th April 2016 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster (Post 2258499)
Interesting; RHD vehicles are not legal- to be registered- in Poland! So they should stand out easily!

Yes, this is how this particular scam gets caught!

Woof25 6th April 2016 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVYL (Post 2258496)
You have a different system. Here when I sell a car, my name is still on the papers until the new owner goes to the police and claims the car; until then, if something bad happens, and let's say the police looks for the owner and come to my door, I can show the papers of me selling the car and thats it. ( actually it happened one time )

Whilst we sympathise with your high motor taxs in your country I can't see anyone taking part in what would seem a deliberate move to defraud the authorities and as dragonfly said no sane person would wish to remain accountable for a car no longer in their control. I think you will have to face the fact no one here has the car you desire or would sell under such conditions and enjoy the cars you already own

DEVYL 6th April 2016 13:43

I don't want to defraud as long as I intend to pay all the taxes of the car. If I would find a LHD ZT 260 in uk it will be perfect as I have relatives there and they can buy it on their name for me.

Organiser 6th April 2016 18:36

Find a German LHD ZT 260, import it to the UK and get it registered here in your relatives name then take back to Romania. Simples. ;) :D

Tom.

DEVYL 6th April 2016 19:05

How hard is to do this?

Organiser 8th April 2016 15:57

Very easy to import from the eu to the UK, the hard part is finding the LHD V8. :eek: ;)

Tom.

Woof25 9th April 2016 18:39

Anyone know how many 260s were made and how many of those were in LHD MODE might help the OP to either focus his request in the German section here or come to terms with the fact that they like elephants are pretty rare in these here parts:}

DEVYL 10th April 2016 05:27

Or maybe converting a RHD to LHD? ☺

Sent from my SM-N920I

Woof25 10th April 2016 11:55

According to my research only 886 260s were made and no indication of how many of those would have been LHD I fear your hunt is going to be a long one unless you can find a German or possibly Frenchman who has become weary of his. If you do find one be a nice trip for your relatives to collect it, mind you insurance for such a car won't be cheap either or road tax

Gate Keeper 13th April 2016 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof25 (Post 2262142)
Anyone know how many 260s were made and how many of those were in LHD MODE might help the OP to either focus his request in the German section here or come to terms with the fact that they like elephants are pretty rare in these here parts:}

Good morning Mike, a mutual friend of ours has the MGR data base showing the cars made for export, reg numbers, spec etc. He is more active on another website for enthusiasts. He has the information.

Woof25 18th April 2016 19:15

Thanks Phil
I was more of a rhetorical question really as I can't see anyone here agreeing to the terms that DEVYL has proposed, as being insured in UK whilst in Bucharest would be grounds for insurer cancelling policy completely. His country obviously wants to discourage large engined fuel guzzling car. So he either faces up to the taxes in his home country, moves to another country,or abandons the idea and enjoys the two cars he already. Perhaps some kind soul could record the throbbing sound of their 260 so he can play it over stereo in his other cars:}

Organiser 19th April 2016 19:33

PM box full.

Alex,

Please clear your PM box.

Tom.

gugubugu 25th April 2016 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVYL (Post 2262374)
Or maybe converting a RHD to LHD? ☺

Sent from my SM-N920I

HI mate. There are some cars that you looking for. You can buy 75/4.6 V8 and made look like MG ZT260. I find for you in Germany two LHD, one RHD, one in Netherlands also LHD.
http://www.autoscout24.bg/rezultati?...sttype=&adage=
Wish you luck.

Woof25 25th April 2016 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by gugubugu (Post 2273844)
HI mate. There are some cars that you looking for. You can buy 75/4.6 V8 and made look like MG ZT260. I find for you in Germany two LHD, one RHD, one in Netherlands also LHD.
http://www.autoscout24.bg/rezultati?...sttype=&adage=
Wish you luck.

I think the OP may be what is called here as a chain puller as he doesn't seem in a Hurry to follow up on the help and advice people there have given him

bl52krz 25th April 2016 21:06

Providing you are not stopped from leaving this country. If stopped, where do you live in this country?

Organiser 28th April 2016 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof25 (Post 2274221)
I think the OP may be what is called here as a chain puller as he doesn't seem in a Hurry to follow up on the help and advice people there have given him

Hi,

I have been speaking to Alex by pm, and I have already given him a list of LHD cars for sale and RHD V8's also.

Why would any serious buyer of a V8 be in a hurry!

Tom.

Woof25 28th April 2016 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organiser (Post 2276180)
Hi,

I have been speaking to Alex by pm, and I have already given him a list of LHD cars for sale and RHD V8's also.

Why would any serious buyer of a V8 be in a hurry!

Tom.

OK but I think the members would still not go along with his proposals regarding road tax and insurance but good luck to him regardless

DEVYL 2nd May 2016 12:59

I've found 2 LHD ZT 260`s and even phoned a seller from Poland BUT a user around here said he has a LHD ZT 260 on uk plates and I'm waiting for the details and pics :D