The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beeping...? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3827)

briantilley 11th March 2007 16:55

Beeping...?

Hi there.

Having just taken delivery of a 2005 ZT 160+ (1.8T), I've just noticed something that I'd like some advice about. Hope you guys can help...

Today, whilst driving along, there came a sound - three rapid beeps, followed a second or two later by five rapid beeps (I think that was the number, but I could be wrong) - from the centre console area. It was the type of sound a speed camera warning device might make, but there was no camera in sight (though I think there used to be one there), and I didn't know the car had such a device fitted. Nothing else was (and is) obviously wrong.

If this is in the manual somewhere, I apologise for bothering you but I'm still ploughing my way through it!

Christopher 11th March 2007 17:02

Do you have TrafficMaster installed at all?

briantilley 11th March 2007 17:30

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm not sure if Trafficmaster is fitted - how would I tell?

lightpainter 11th March 2007 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by briantilley (Post 38851)

Not sure, not sure, what kind of enthusiast are you?
I have a Clarion Sat Nav and I get a beep when I drive to within 100Yd’s of my destination.

Ivan 11th March 2007 17:52

i get a series of 3 bleeps when i switch my car off........ i thought it was something to do with the imobliser???

Christopher 11th March 2007 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by briantilley (Post 38851)

If you have the Message Center in the Instrument Pack - you should see the TrafficMaster logo flash up when you turn the ignition on ...

Keith 11th March 2007 18:46

It will probably be the Smartnav system. Do you have a Smartnav button under the ATC panel?

briantilley 11th March 2007 19:08

OK - I think I have it sorted out, with you guys' help...

The car does not have the message centre, nor does it have a trip computer, nor does it have full Sat Nav. But it DOES have TrafficMaster SmartNav. I pressed the magic button to get connected to their control centre, and a very nice lady explained it all to me :)

So, the beeps were a speed camera warning.

Thanks again!

Kandyman 11th March 2007 19:15

I would like SmartNav installed, It would be nice to have someone to talk to ;)

Rich 11th March 2007 19:44

I am constantly amazed by all these people who sell their cars with sat nav subscriptions still in tact! (or am I missing something here?)

I don't know whether to say use it while you can or do the honest thing and inform the seller :confused: