The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruise control not working? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249296)

Larryw 16th July 2016 11:38

Cruise control not working?

Had to have a new clutch fitted in my Rover 75 Conn 2L diesel (OUCH!!). Since I have had it back the cruise control has stopped working. The switch lights up but cruise is not working, checked fuse, but it is OK. Any ideas anyone?

ianfletcher 16th July 2016 11:45

Most likely it will be the switch at the top of the clutch pedal has moved. You need to put your hand up and give a push back into place.

championdaddy 16th July 2016 13:08

Mine stopped the other day too.......

turned out to be the screw cover
on the back of the bellow where the throttle rod thing comes out had unscrewed its self.

Dorset Bob 16th July 2016 13:43

As said, they have disturbed the switch during the clutch change.

I had the same problem and this post from Mike Noc helped me.
:smilie_re: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88&postcount=2

I just pushed the switch back in, until I felt a click, and the cruise control is now working as it should. ;)

HarryM1BYT 16th July 2016 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2330996)
Mine stopped the other day too.......

turned out to be the screw cover
on the back of the bellow where the throttle rod thing comes out had unscrewed its self.

But not on a diesel, they are 'fly by wire' !

Almost certainly just the brake or clutch switches which need adjustment.

Press each pedal down in turn, push the switch in towards you, then gently release the pedal back up. Rinse and repeat for second pedal. It takes but a second. They are just held by friction and easily disturbed. Release the pedal to hard, and the switch gets pushed to far back.

Reebs 16th July 2016 16:25

Another vote here for the switch at the top of the clutch pedal. After my clutch change mine stopped working (although master cruise light worked). Reached up and reseated the switch and it's been as good as gold since.

Thread moved to Technical Help section too, for better coverage.

Larryw 17th July 2016 15:04

All sorted!

Sure enough, it was the switch on the clutch pedal, and all working fine now.
Thanks for all your replies, very much appreciated.:}

frostybot1977 21st September 2019 20:22

So glad I found this thread. I bought a 52 plate 75 Connie today and the only dissapointment was that I had to drive 200 miles with no Cruise Control. I'd had ZT with Cruise before. Switch and dash lights came on, but Cruise wouldn't hold the speed when I set it. I have an auto, so hoping it's the break switch.

HarryM1BYT 22nd September 2019 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostybot1977 (Post 2763670)
So glad I found this thread. I bought a 52 plate 75 Connie today and the only dissapointment was that I had to drive 200 miles with no Cruise Control. I'd had ZT with Cruise before. Switch and dash lights came on, but Cruise wouldn't hold the speed when I set it. I have an auto, so hoping it's the break switch.

It happens if the brake pedal is released to sharply, it can hammer the switch out of position.

Press brake pedal down, reach behind and push switch fully forward, then gently release brake pedal - that will set switch in correct position.

frostybot1977 22nd September 2019 19:33

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2763720)
It happens if the brake pedal is released to sharply, it can hammer the switch out of position.

Press brake pedal down, reach behind and push switch fully forward, then gently release brake pedal - that will set switch in correct position.

Cheers :} I'll try it in the morning