The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Was it you? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Black ZT V8 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312913)

GJ53 DGO 13th May 2021 18:47

Black ZT V8

Overtook me near Blythe on the A1 southbound on the 12th May, Black V8. Reg No. BW04 PHX
Sorry no picture, was driving at the time.

FantasticMrFish 14th May 2021 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO (Post 2881085)
Overtook me near Blythe on the A1 southbound on the 12th May, Black V8. Reg No. BW04 PHX
Sorry no picture, was driving at the time.

Think I spotted this car on Chain bridge Road in Blaydon yesterday too!

patrolman pete 19th May 2021 17:23

This car lives in my village. He must have been away for a few days as the car hasn’t been on his drive for about a week so I was getting worried that he’d sold it ! I stopped outside today to confirm the reg number. I’ve waved at him in the past when I’ve passed in either of my 75’s but he just looks through me and I knocked on his door earlier in the year to tell him he had left a rear window partially open in the rain but he doesn’t seem to want to get into a conversation! I’ve given up asking if a spotted car is owned by a member as they never seem to be owned by anyone on here !

stevestrat 19th May 2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrolman pete (Post 2882005)
I’ve waved at him in the past when I’ve passed in either of my 75’s but he just looks through me and I knocked on his door earlier in the year to tell him he had left a rear window partially open in the rain but he doesn’t seem to want to get into a conversation!

Hmm . . . . one of those V8 owners, a few of them around, don't annoy me peasant!

GJ53 DGO 20th May 2021 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2882007)
Hmm . . . . one of those V8 owners, a few of them around, don't annoy me peasant!

That's a view I sadly share, they all seem a little cliquey, nothing like on here where everyone is helpful, I joined the 260s but I've stopped bothering to log in and I'll just keep both my zeds here and here only.

Jeff Turbo 21st May 2021 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO (Post 2882222)
That's a view I sadly share, they all seem a little cliquey, nothing like on here where everyone is helpful, I joined the 260s but I've stopped bothering to log in and I'll just keep both my zeds here and here only.

I'm a 260's member, have 2 ztv8's and a deisel zt, and I'm not cliquey. Always willing to chat and get people at my door wanting to talk to me. Had a young guy come over to me when I was in Wakefield for a chat, so we're not all like that

stevestrat 21st May 2021 18:53

I don't have time for anyone who thinks they are better than others for what ever reason. Classic was years ago, a couple bought a nearby cottage. The guy was talking to my father soon after they moved in and came out with "Yes, we have friends in the area, Sir Phillip Grant-Suttie, he owns a lot of land around here" expecting my father to be impressed, that backfired! My father being in the farming business knew Grant-Suttie well, "Oh, you know Phillip do you". The guy was shocked, how can this peasant know him?! Next time my father saw Phillip he mentioned the guy, the response was "Oh Christ . . . . him!" followed by a very colourful opinion of the guy :D

VVC-Geeza 21st May 2021 19:54

I bet his attitude changes when he needs a little help with it.

It would certainly need to if he asked on here,and quite rightly so.:D

FLYING BANANA 21st May 2021 20:35

Lets stay on the subject please.

GJ53 DGO 22nd May 2021 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo (Post 2882285)
I'm a 260's member, have 2 ztv8's and a deisel zt, and I'm not cliquey. Always willing to chat and get people at my door wanting to talk to me. Had a young guy come over to me when I was in Wakefield for a chat, so we're not all like that

That's nice to hear, it was a generalisation I admit but was just the feeling I've usually got when talking to someone with a V8, glad to hear that, even if my feeling is right that it isn't right across the board.