The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   neighbours ehhh !! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292793)

ricardo65 10th February 2019 12:49

neighbours ehhh !!

Giving the car a wash and polish this weekend minding my own business a neighbour walking by said waste of time washing it this time of the year next sentence he said when you've finished yours mine in my drive over there you can do mine :D:D later on after id leathered it off I was applying a coat of polish you'll polish it away he said next sentence he said what do you use your cars always look fantastic :D:D so ill take that as a compliment and no I won't be doing his :D

suzublu 10th February 2019 12:54

I always get the "you'll polish the paint off" comments too Rich:duh: Still, at least they notice:D

Teflon 10th February 2019 13:11

I know exactly what you mean. It's all harmless, but does get a little tiring after a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2710188)
………... next sentence he said what do you use your cars always look fantastic :D:D ……..

This is the bit that irritates me most. Great results don't come out of a tin, it takes time, effort, and patience :mad:.

Oh, and before you pack all your gear away, mines under the carport covered in this mornings rain :getmecoat: :D.

Cliff

topman 10th February 2019 14:14

From what I've seen in our last couple of streets we've lived on, there's two sorts of people when it comes to car cleaning.
People who clean their cars once in a blue moon and/or take it to the local car wash. I include myself here
And those that clean it without fail every week and spend several hours doing so. Normally one or two on each street. Chap opposite is like that.

:}

suzublu 10th February 2019 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2710206)
From what I've seen in our last couple of streets we've lived on, there's two sorts of people when it comes to car cleaning.
People who clean their cars once in a blue moon and/or take it to the local car wash. I include myself here
And those that clean it without fail every week and spend several hours doing so. Normally one or two on each street. Chap opposite is like that.

:}

OCD :cool: Obsessive Cleaning Disorder:D

ricardo65 10th February 2019 16:05

Oh, and before you pack all your gear away, mines under the carport covered in this mornings rain :getmecoat: :D.

Cliff[/QUOTE]

and no doubt the beads of rain will be flowing off the carnauba wax cliff :D

markypicks 10th February 2019 16:06

i always keep my rover 75 clean inside and out i dont live in a tip so i aint going to drive one . its always good to wash cars this time of the year it stops salt from gripping into the paint alloys etc .. yes as suzublu i have ocd but im retired so got nothing petty much else to do

jackatesme 10th February 2019 16:12

Best i've had,"Don't rub too hard, Rover did not use a lot of paint in the later years."

gnu 10th February 2019 16:29

I treat washing the cars as time for a good close look at them, clocking any chips and things that may need attention. I probably wouldn't catch these things if I got the people hanging around the supermarket carpark to clean them.

How often? Not weekly, not even every month, but when time allows, or I'm going to a meet or MOT or something.

SCP440 10th February 2019 19:33

It shocks me to see the cars waiting at the local Polish car wash, they might look good when they come out but the chemicals they use to do such a quick job don't do the paint any good long term. The concentrate is so strong it will cause burns.

A mate who never washes his own car and only uses car washes always comments on how shiny my cars look where as his almost looks flat, I showed him once how quick it was to polish a car and he was amazed at the results on a front wing after 15 mins work.

A soft brush with some soapy water and a rinse with a hose pipe once a week keeps most cars looking good, a polish once every 3 or 4 months is all most cars need.