The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   After last Xmas's Scam epsode (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313770)

ceedy 26th June 2021 17:05

After last Xmas's Scam episode

2 week ago , somehow somebody ordered some computer SSds on my Amazon account .. weird as the whole order was still addressed to me and I have 2 step authentication on the account.
But got an email acknowledgement and quickly informed amazon who put out a stop and return order to get the parts back from the courier .

Then had a message about the order saying we will refund in 5 to 7days.

Then it all goes to rats .

Made multiple contacts with Customer services who always say i will get an answer in 24-48hrs . never happens.

The fraud team has hidden the order so customer services and i cannot access it . All the fraud teams promises are worthless .

I had a single automated Email on the 17th stating Amazon would not be refunding I should contact my Bank, talked to the bank multiple times and their opinion is same as mine , Amazon took and still have the money, and should refund it . After stirring on Social media i have had exactly the email again today.

Going round in cicles, Amazon not interested and Bank saying not our problem.

Just Written a snotty email to Amazons UK MD expressing my displeasure.

Well it worked with the paypal episode.;)

Still got few other options .

:getmecoat:

C.

AndyN01 26th June 2021 19:24

Not particularly helpful as such but I don't have any dealings with Amazon at all.

Having heard about the terms & conditions that their employees have - or don't - I'm happy to pay a few ££'s more to a local independent who treats people as people, not serfs.

There is a saying, but I can't find who it is from, about knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

macafee2 26th June 2021 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2888440)
Not particularly helpful as such but I don't have any dealings with Amazon at all.

Having heard about the terms & conditions that their employees have - or don't - I'm happy to pay a few ££'s more to a local independent who treats people as people, not serfs.

There is a saying, but I can't find who it is from, about knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Not buying from Amazon is a bit of a double edge sword. The very people you are sticking up for, are perhaps the very people who cannot afford to be without a job.
What do you think will happen if Amazons profits drop?

macafee2

ceedy 7th July 2021 07:16

Well no reply to the letter, getting stonewalled by the fraud team.
Amazon will not give me any reason for the lack of a refund, when they have the goods back and also my payment.

So got my Bank to create a retail dispute , and waiting upon the result
C.

FLYING BANANA 7th July 2021 08:21

Having had my credit card cloned by Amazon, twice. It was only brought to my attention by my bank. Amazon denied the issue. I no longer will deal with Amazon.

Darcydog 7th July 2021 09:13

Subject Access Request

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2890256)
Well no reply to the letter, getting stonewalled by the fraud team.
Amazon will not give me any reason for the lack of a refund, when they have the goods back and also my payment.

So got my Bank to create a retail dispute , and waiting upon the result
C.

I know I bleat on about these fairly regularly - but I have never had one fail to get a company that owes me money to actually take me seriously.

The most recent was Vodafone who failed to cancel an internet access service plan back in 2016. I didn’t notice as it was only £6 a month. I changed provider when I retired and got a debt collection agency letter threatening all sorts.

Got no sense at all out of Vodafone whose only response was “Pay up or we will take you to court”.

A Subject Access Request changed all that!

It forced them to print of and send me the entire file (nearly an inch thick A4 “book” - and it soon became clear what had happened.

I then threatened to formally complain and ultimately go to the financial ombudsman unless they refunded me the overpaid amount.

The repaid me nearly £600 in total with the interest.

So if I may Ceedy - I recommend a bit of research with the ICO website (really good!) and sending Amazon a SAR.

They then have 30 days to respond WITH FULL DETAILS OF THE AUDIT TRAIL OF HOW THE EVENTS CAME ABOUT or they are breaking the law.

(Note - one trick we are seeing more of is the company/organisation not responding at all initially for 30 days and then saying they need to confirm your identity via a utility Bill (address) and Photo ID (identity) - this then allows them to set the 30 day clock from the date they receive your ID documents - so we now pre-empt this by including certified copies of a utility bill and photo ID Driving License.)

Based upon our previous successes - I strongly suggest you send them an SAR as soon a possible.

I virtually guarantee it will make them treat you with a bit of respect and common decency.

WillyHeckaslike 7th July 2021 10:33

And what about the so-called debt collectors who harass on the back of an allegation without so much as a court order? Is harassment not a criminal offence? High time these chancers were dealt with by the police employees and hit very severely financially - together with the outfits making what turn out to be false allegations. :dung:

torque2me 7th July 2021 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2890286)
And what about the so-called debt collectors who harass on the back of an allegation without so much as a court order? Is harassment not a criminal offence? High time these chancers were dealt with by the police employees and hit very severely financially - together with the outfits making what turn out to be false allegations. :dung:

It depends if they are Sheriff's or Bailiffs - differing allowed actions I believe!

Kev
Like the Don Quiote