The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spare key required (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279186)

Geraint 8th February 2018 19:28

Spare key required

Hi all

After searching for my one and only key all day - found at last. This has forced me into getting a working spare.

Any advice where to start. I live in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire and am willing to travel to get it coded etc.

Geraint

COLVERT 8th February 2018 19:30

Try the forum.

There are folk on here who can supply and code a key for you.--;)

harrisop48 8th February 2018 19:37

Phil-T4 is your man

Hi Geraint,

Phil-T4 is your man, based in MK just up the road from you. Will only take an hour. See contact details below.

MGR T4 Services

Servicing and Repairs Available,
KV6 Cambelts from £400
Clutches from £400

Telephone 07538 738070 or email
[email protected]

Dawn 8th February 2018 20:16

PhilT4 did my V6 spare. ��

neilll 9th February 2018 06:36

At the very least everyone should have a clear picture of their Blade (ooh err misses)downloaded on there P.C. so in an emergency a key can be cut ("keys in the post iirc), of course a spare key is preferable but some people are reluctant to fork out for one (or might go missing when needed).
Neil

marinabrian 9th February 2018 06:50

Anybody with one key should consider seriously using Autokeys Express to obtain a key which is capable of mechanically opening the door at the very least.......LINK

So if the worst case scenario is realised and the working key is lost, a transponder can be programmed to enable the car to be started.

I gave this advice to a customer six months ago, sadly it was not heeded and when he lost his only key, I had to order one from BMW.

The cost was £220, compare that to the cost of having a key produced by myself, or indeed any of the other traders offering replacement key services.

If the OP wishes to have a transponder programmed to make a spare key which at least will start the car, then I'm more than happy to assist :)

Brian :D

Old Mally 9th February 2018 20:23

Thanks for the link Brian.
I shall order mine tomorrow.

grout20 9th February 2018 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2593781)
Anybody with one key should consider seriously using Autokeys Express to obtain a key which is capable of mechanically opening the door at the very least.......LINK

So if the worst case scenario is realised and the working key is lost, a transponder can be programmed to enable the car to be started.

....... I'm more than happy to assist :)
Brian :D

Thanks for that link Brian.

I never knew about these folk..... and they are quite literally just around the corner from my sister-in-law who we are visiting this weekend! Spooky coincidence! :eek:

Thanks again

John