The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Boot button not opening boot (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316705)

peelaaa 5th December 2021 11:11

Boot button not opening boot

Hi,

The boot button in my 75 saloon is not opening boot. My keyfob still opens it when pressing button more than 1 to 2 seconds. This is a facelift so no keyhole on the boot
Any ideas?

Regards
Ian

Arctic 5th December 2021 11:13

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 2910931)
Hi,

The boot button in my 75 saloon is not opening boot. My keyfob still opens it when pressing button more than 1 to 2 seconds. This is a facelift so no keyhole on the boot
Any ideas?

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian.
On the facelift the boot button is false, it's not a release button like on the earlier models.

peelaaa 5th December 2021 11:20

I sure you don't mean the tourer,?
Mine was working until recently.

Jamiewelch 5th December 2021 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 2910935)

Check that no water has got into the switch. All is does is ground a pin, it is a very simple design.

clf 5th December 2021 12:04

Quote:

Just a thought, based on a similar (but different) experience I had with my boot release.

Have you had it on TOAF recently? When I first used TOAF, a bug I assume selected the tourer tailgate AND saloon release radio button options - this is where it will be different to yours, remote did not work, but button did. If so, it may be worth checking these functions to make sure there is nothing changed.

I say it was a bug, as I was not in that module of TOAF at all. It was no big deal to sort.

Arctic 5th December 2021 20:23

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ian.
Sorry yes referring to the tourer, as Jamie says pull the plug and check the switch and wiring for corrosion due to water.

If it's the switch then replace.

Rich in Vancouver 6th December 2021 05:31

I don't mean to poach this thread but my question is closely related so if not appropriate mod please remove. :)
I recently imported a 2002 ZT-T The remote "pops" the rear tailgate but it does not rise on its own.
I'm just wondering if the gas cylinders should fully open the tailgate without further assistance? I have never seen another ZT-T so this is new to me, and the way I see it either way could be proper.
The bonnet cylinders were weak but I had a spare set of those from my old ZT saloon and they are now sorted.

bsafly 6th December 2021 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2911088)
I'm just wondering if the gas cylinders should fully open the tailgate without further assistance? I have never seen another ZT-T so this is new to me, and the way I see it either way could be proper.

That is correct, the struts should assist you opening the tailgate and hold it up once open, but they will not open the tailgate without human assistance.
Hope that helps.

Rich in Vancouver 6th December 2021 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsafly (Post 2911107)
That is correct, the struts should assist you opening the tailgate and hold it up once open, but they will not open the tailgate without human assistance.
Hope that helps.

Thanks! That's one less job to worry about. :)

clf 6th December 2021 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2911166)
Thanks! That's one less job to worry about. :)

It might be worth a bit of preventative maintenance though - especially considering the rarity and weather in Canada.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I cannot get the proper link, but search for tourer strut reinforcement.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk