The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Extinction.. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307882)

Phil th Barrow 15th September 2020 08:17

Extinction..

Just watched David Attenborough program on Extinction. As anyone else.

VVC-Geeza 15th September 2020 08:52

Yes part of it but found it very depressing and had to turn it off as I felt powerless to do anything about it.Man should hang his head in shame :mad:

KWIL 15th September 2020 08:58

Sadly anything we (the UK) do will have only a minimal effect, regarding improvement , China, India, USA and others add up to a far greater threat.

macafee2 15th September 2020 09:32

for those that think we can do nothing or not make a difference, remember, big trees from little Acorns grow.

The change has to start somewhere and it is the individual that makes a difference.
What simple change can each person make? Don't buy plastic.

Easier said then done and it is easy to get back into old ways.

Yes I agree, man should be ashamed of what we do to "our" planet

macafee2

roverbarmy 15th September 2020 11:18

Just got back from a shopping trip which turned out to be a disarster darling due to me shouting about all the plastic far eastern shi@ on sale! Done my bit today!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

COLVERT 15th September 2020 11:38

The whole planet is getting to be like living in a house with no vacuum cleaner.---:eek:

Most of the human race seems to have no sense of self preservation at all.----Indeed, actually the opposite, as it seems hell bent on exterminating itself.---:smilie_re: Exit, that way.

trikey 15th September 2020 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2836653)
Don't buy plastic.

Plastic is not the problem, its humans who dont care about recycling that is the issue.

Life Without plastic wouldnt be a nice place.

steve-45 15th September 2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2836682)
Plastic is not the problem, its humans who dont care about recycling that is the issue.

Life Without plastic wouldnt be a nice place.

If the local Councils in the UK can't agree on what can be re-cycled what hope will there ever be for a global policy ?

roverbarmy 15th September 2020 14:43

Just watched it and it seems that in my little way I shan't buy what I don't need and shall buy food grown and produced locally (no hardship there as Norfolk produce is yummy!). We are "brainwashed" into buying stuff we don't need and seem to get stuff with built in obsolescence. My kids never had "designer" goods and were always bought "practical" things. They both seem to continue to do the same and it hasn't done them any harm. What's the point in buying a Mk 5 just because it replaced the Mk 4. Usually, they both do the same job. My mum is still using her 20 year old Nokia mobile and I can still hear her when she rings me!:shrug: My car is 21 years old too! :D

SideValve 15th September 2020 14:49

How about a ban on ALL new cars? Even electric cars have some environmental impact. We have enough Rover 75s for our needs :} and even the lesser marques can be made to run for ever with enough fettling.
Repair not replace.