The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My 75 lives again! Traction Control (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=270120)

Chuckles 7th July 2017 15:42

My 75 lives again! Traction Control

After two years repairing the electrics following a "swim" in Devon Floods, the car is now running again; and past the MOT but have issues with ABS/TC.
I bought a brand New ABS Pump and a new loom repair section with the new plug. The only thing wrong now is that the traction control light will not go out. I managed to contact the suppliers of the ABS unit and they NOW tell me it is not TC! I am going to wade through my correspondence because I am sure I stipulated TC. It was bought June last year but not fitted until recently.
Any way how does one turn off the TC light on the dash? I did remove Fuse F2 (TC) but no go.
Can this unit be programmed for TC?
If not I have bought a brand new unit, fitted it so it is now S/H. Is there anyone who can use it and can swap for a TC unit (with adjustments of course)? it seems a shame to just remove it when I do get the correct one - If I can!

marinabrian 7th July 2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles (Post 2515084)
After two years repairing the electrics following a "swim" in Devon Floods, the car is now running again; and past the MOT but have issues with ABS/TC.
I bought a brand New ABS Pump and a new loom repair section with the new plug. The only thing wrong now is that the traction control light will not go out. I managed to contact the suppliers of the ABS unit and they NOW tell me it is not TC! I am going to wade through my correspondence because I am sure I stipulated TC. It was bought June last year but not fitted until recently.
Any way how does one turn off the TC light on the dash? I did remove Fuse F2 (TC) but no go.
Can this unit be programmed for TC?
If not I have bought a brand new unit, fitted it so it is now S/H. Is there anyone who can use it and can swap for a TC unit (with adjustments of course)? it seems a shame to just remove it when I do get the correct one - If I can!

Hi Chuck, if a non traction control ABS unit is fitted, the only way to get rid of the warning lamp is to have TC removed from the cars ZCS coding I'm afraid.

Fortunately you're only about 55 miles from CB750Chris in Portsmouth, and I'm sure he'll be happy to sort that out for you ;)

Brian :D

cb750chris 9th July 2017 12:49

Thanks Brian for pointing Chuck in my direction, we will have to see what we can sort out.
Chris

Chuckles 10th July 2017 09:01

I have had some serious thoughts on this.
The cars original spec includes Cruise, Traction Control etc., to me it would seem a shame to "lose" the TC bit for the sake of a few pounds (OK I know £800 odd).
It is very kind of you Chris to offer a "Disabling" T4 service, but I think this will be a last resort.
I will keep a look out in the first instant for a used, and guaranteed, ABS/TC unit or even jump in and buy a new one, but if unsuccessful go for a disabling job. I only want to do this once! it is a bit of a nightmare taking it out - unless you have doll hands!

BigRuss 10th July 2017 11:00

Was the loom repair section you got for TC? If the loom repair section is also for a non TC car then I won't work even if you do fit a TC capable ABS unit ;)

Russ

Chuckles 10th July 2017 11:22

Now!! :eek:
All I can say at the present is that there were no wires left over! It was one of the Rimmer repair looms with the plug. I have the sheet that came with it and will check that.:duh:

Chuckles 10th July 2017 12:35

Phew! just found the bulletin that came with the loom.

Bulletin #0048; CDS Ref: R8492bu, Issue 2 dated 21/06/2000 ABS loom for vehicles upto VIN RJ 138975 with Traction Control. (hope this info helps others)

So now have ordered a new Genuine MG Rover SRB101301 ABS unit from Rimmers, hopefully the car will be restored to its former glory?

Computers and cars should never be mixed :devil:

ryszard 10th July 2017 14:55

Hi,am following your actions,I too have the traction control/ABS warning on my launch car display.T4 diagnosed the rear offside unit,have replaced the wheel bearing assembly and ABS sensor and still warnings not cleared.They come up on static test before engine is started.I could possibly have purchased a faulty rear sensor,it was a cheapie just to test before ordering a new bearing.Have not took it on the road yet to see if warnings are cleared on a run.Hopefully between us we will get some answers.Regards Ry.....

marinabrian 10th July 2017 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 2516313)
Hi,am following your actions,I too have the traction control/ABS warning on my launch car display.T4 diagnosed the rear offside unit,have replaced the wheel bearing assembly and ABS sensor and still warnings not cleared.They come up on static test before engine is started.I could possibly have purchased a faulty rear sensor,it was a cheapie just to test before ordering a new bearing.Have not took it on the road yet to see if warnings are cleared on a run.Hopefully between us we will get some answers.Regards Ry.....

Yes, I bought a cheap sensor from the bay of fleas a couple of month back £12.

It failed the static test and the seller wouldn't refund it as the packet had been opened :duh:

Ho hum

Chuckles 10th July 2017 15:32

It may be worthwhile checking the plug & socket on the ABS unit. there is a post I did last year with photos, I will try and find them.
It all started with an unseen flooded road!