The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Sunday 10th April (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317616)

FLYING BANANA 4th February 2022 10:41

Sunday 10th April

We have been invited to attend an event in Cornwall.

Please find below the email that I received from Robert Lynex, chairman of the Cornish MG Owners Club. (Ratty and myself are members).

Well I've teased you for long enough, this is the big one that we have been beavering away on for weeks - an amazing gathering of MGs & Rovers possibly the largest number of MGs gathered in one place since 2001 and at a stunning location in Cornwall with a wonderful Sunday Roast Luncheon to enjoy.

We have invited all the South West Area MGOC clubs to join us for an informal gathering at Beachside Holiday Park, Phillack, Hayle, TR27 5AW on Sunday 10th April.

Beachside Holiday Park is located on Hayle Towans golden sandy beach and the newly constructed Club House incorporates the magnificent Coast Kitchen Bar Terrace, with its spectacular views across St Ives Bay to Carbis Bay and St Ives beyond.

https://www.beachside.co.uk/

We have entitled the event as 'A Post Pandemic Paddle' as now that Government pandemic restrictions have been lifted, we are still mindful that we need to take our steps cautiously, while the need to 'escape' from two years of Lockdown is even more efficacious to our well-being, going forward.

Being out in the open air with the sea-breeze wafting over us will give us the fillip we need and who could resist the opportunity to meet up, once again, with all of our MG friends - while being mindful of what is ever present and, with the temptation of a sumptuous Sunday Roast Luncheon - Get thee behind me Satan!

You are invited to relax on the beach, wander the grounds, converse with other MG friends, or unwind in the magnificent new Club House incorporating the Coast Kitchen Bar Terrace Restaurant with its glass fronted terrace overlooking Carbis Bay, St Ives and the spectacular of St Ives Bay.

The Coast Restaurant offers a magnificent Sunday Roast Luncheon which is served from Noon to 7:30pm, pre-booking of your table and your Sunday Roast Luncheon (Menu attached) is essential and should be made to the Coast Kitchen Bar Terrace Restaurant directly on 01736 808754. Or perhaps you would prefer to make your own arrangement for a picnic lunch to enjoy on the golden beach or within the sand dunes (NO disposable barbecues please).

Whilst we all have had sufficient restrictions to last a lifetime we are not wishing to limit the attendance of MGs & Rovers joining us on what hopes to be an informal celebration of freedom once again and, better still, there are no Entry Fees for this event, but an indication of the numbers of your members who might like to join us would be helpful to aid Beachside in its catering operation.
Our event will be open from 10:30am.

I sincerely hope that you will all support Cornwall MG Owners on Sunday 10th April 2022 as I'm certain that this will become an annual 'go-to' event. I look forward to hearing your response.

Kindest regards
Robert

P.S. Bring your own Buckets & Spades, we don't supply those!

So there you have it. The event is open to both our MG’s and Rover’s.

I will need to know who is attending.

Names below please.

Bob. MG ZT or ZTT V8
Ross & Anita. Rover 75
Allen & Val. MG ZTT
Mark & Tania MG ZTT
Matt & Shirley. MG ZTT
Dave & T Rover 75
John & Nina. MG ZT
Martin & Lynn. MG ZT V8 or Rover 75 Tourer
Paul & Linda. MG TF
Nathan & Emma Rover 75 Tourer
Simone TBC Rover 75
Pete TBC. Rover 75
Graham TBC. Rover 75
David & Karen TBC MG ZT V8 or MG ZTT

EVENT DISCLAIMER
Please be aware that this is not an official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Clubs liability insurance. And The Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway

cengar 4th February 2022 16:01

10th April

Hi Bob Anita and Myself Ross

Ched 8th February 2022 18:46

Could you put Karen and myself down as a possible for this please Bob, ta.

Cable Tie 11th February 2022 10:38

Yes please bob shirley and myself please

Ratty 12th February 2022 11:21

Hopefully we will be there.

Shonkie 14th February 2022 19:08

Can you put me down as TBC please

FLYING BANANA 22nd February 2022 07:23

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO EAT IN THE RESTAURANT FOR LUNCH NEEDS TO GET A TABLE BOOKED ASAP. OVER 100 cars are expected to attend on the day.

ALL EARLY BOOKINGS HAVE NOW GONE.

NewDoc 2nd March 2022 18:07

Put me down for Sunday please. I thinks I will be picnicking on the beach.
Dave & T (and the Dinosaur)

Cable Tie 8th March 2022 17:59

Could you add john and nena please

edwardmk 8th March 2022 20:02

Hi Bob,

Please put down Martin and Lynn for this one. 260 or 190 to be confirmed.
Going to book a meal at the first opportunity. Fingers crossed for nice weather as always.