The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Central locking has gone weird on me (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298672)

operamagorum 24th August 2019 16:59

Central locking has gone weird on me

Hi all
My key fob will not unlock the driver's door. Second press unlocks the other three, but not the driver's door. Driver's doors unlocks with key (as do the others). All doors lock with remote (most of the time) and with key.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Geoff

stocktake 24th August 2019 18:22

Driver's door lock has a faulty motor, you need to replace the lock assembly.

operamagorum 24th August 2019 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2757590)
Driver's door lock has a faulty motor, you need to replace the lock assembly.

I am a complete numpty when it comes to issues like this
Would you mind being a bit more specific
Thanks

stocktake 24th August 2019 20:26

In each of the doors there is a unit that contains two motors, one of the motors locks the door and the other unlocks the door.
These motors can and do fail, if you have the patience of a saint, a photographic memory and the fingers of an origami expert you can open the unit and change the internal motor that has failed.
By far the easiest way is to purchase a known good or new unit and replace it. It involves removing the door card and is easier if you also remove the door glass.

goofysth 27th August 2019 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2757624)
In each of the doors there is a unit that contains two motors, one of the motors locks the door and the other unlocks the door.
These motors can and do fail, if you have the patience of a saint, a photographic memory and the fingers of an origami expert you can open the unit and change the internal motor that has failed.
By far the easiest way is to purchase a known good or new unit and replace it. It involves removing the door card and is easier if you also remove the door glass.

That's right. Not a hard job to do it yourself tough! :}

COLVERT 27th August 2019 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofysth (Post 2758170)
That's right. Not a hard job to do it yourself tough! :}

I think his name is GEOFF.-----:D

Though I could be wrong.--------------------:duh:

Tenesmus 27th August 2019 23:14

I had a new one fitted a couple of weeks ago and they handed the old one back to me (it locked, but didn't unlock). I intend to open it up and see how fixable it is.

Will this actually happen, or will it sit in the box in the garage? :shrug:

Mike Noc 28th August 2019 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenesmus (Post 2758333)
I had a new one fitted a couple of weeks ago and they handed the old one back to me (it locked, but didn't unlock). I intend to open it up and see how fixable it is.

Well I've had a go at doing that, and gave up after stripping it all down - it is do-able but I didn't think it was worth the effort, especially as I had a spare from the scrapper ready to go in.

Good luck with it. :}

operamagorum 4th September 2019 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenesmus (Post 2758333)

Will this actually happen, or will it sit in the box in the garage? :shrug:

Do you by any chance have a part number?
I've tried to hunt one down, but it's proving difficult
Also, price of unit and labour costs
Many thanks
Geoff

Bluey 16th September 2019 12:30

Hi all, I also have a problem with my central locking and fairly sure it's an actuator problem but would be nice to get an opinion on it anyway:

Rear doors: Both fine and work as intended

Drivers door: Works but can be "lazy" is the best way to describe it, more often than not will open first try but sometimes doesn't fully open, a second press always works.

Passenger door:This is the problem one for me, nothing will unlock it, not the fob, key itself or button near the handbrake though you can open it manually with the interior door handle.The confusing thing to me is while neither the key or button near handbrake will lock it the button on the fob will and the lock motor seems to operate well.

The car is RHD.

Any help appreciated.