The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Windscreen Rippled (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288202)

Salmon 17th September 2018 12:32

New Windscreen Rippled

Just had a new Pilkington Screen fitted that barely fits in behind the rubber trim. & it's got a rippled effect especially as you look slightly to the left at an object moving sideways.

This was after lasts weeks Nordglass was way too small and also had ripples.

Can anyone please check there screen particularly if it's original to look for this phenomenon.
I really don't remember it on my original glass and I'm sure I would have noticed.

If you sit in the car and look out at objects 20mtrs away then move your head left and right to make it pass across the screen. You will need a clean windscreen to be sure it's not a smudge.

I assume it's the internal green film that's the culprit. I'm just wondering if that's the best I can expect as I've called the glass company and asked them to check it and replace. However if the next ones the same what can I do.

Cheers all.

trikey 17th September 2018 14:26

I have seen this on a few replacement screens, it’s a horrible effect that causes your eyes / brain to react in a strange was when you notice it.

I o ex sold a lovely car cheap due to this.

P-Nut 17th September 2018 14:30

This reminds me, I really should get that chip sorted

marinabrian 17th September 2018 16:09

It is a manufacturing defect, similar in practice, but not related to something known as Brewster's Fringes ;)

Brian :D

Salmon 17th September 2018 19:08

I took it for a spin after my last post and must admit it's not as bad as I'd thought.
Also I checked my wife's Picasso and noticed the same effect from the rear view mirror down.

I think because it's new and I was examining it I noticed it, perhaps it's more common than we think.

marinabrian 17th September 2018 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salmon (Post 2670048)
I took it for a spin after my last post and must admit it's not as bad as I'd thought.
Also I checked my wife's Picasso and noticed the same effect from the rear view mirror down.

I think because it's new and I was examining it I noticed it, perhaps it's more common than we think.

It's faulty Neil, there should be no optical distortion with a laminated screen, it may well have been acceptable with a Triplex Zebrazone toughened screen, but not with a modern screen ;)

Brian :D

trikey 17th September 2018 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2670006)
Brewster's Fringes ;)

Sounds like a Viz character :D

tantallon 17th September 2018 19:52

Take it back and reject the screen .Its obviously got a defect so why not?

johnnybbad 17th September 2018 20:09

Sounds like its distorted, will be more apparent when you are looking at the white lines on the road as your driving

Salmon 18th September 2018 07:19

Thing is it’s the second screen as the last one was too small.

I’m going to work today so will give it a proper road test.

Thanks for your support was beginning to wonder if I was Mr Fussy.