The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Name or Username? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298736)

macafee2 27th August 2019 06:35

Name or Username?

when it comes to PM's I'll address it to peoples name, when it comes to a post I almost, if not always use their username with perhaps one exception.

Is there an etiquette for posts? I don't want to cause offence but I could by addressing the post to the username and not the name.

This sort of leads me to asking, why do we have user names if we address posts to the name?

macafee2

trikey 27th August 2019 07:11

Call me anything you like, most folk do 🤣🤣

Rev Jules 27th August 2019 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2758111)
Call me anything you like, most folk do 🤣🤣

Okay fatty? LOL! :D

Gate Keeper 27th August 2019 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2758105)
when it comes to PM's I'll address it to peoples name, when it comes to a post I almost, if not always use their username with perhaps one exception.

Is there an etiquette for posts? I don't want to cause offence but I could by addressing the post to the username and not the name.

This sort of leads me to asking, why do we have user names if we address posts to the name?

macafee2

Does this imply you would prefer not to be on first name terms with any of the members in the club, bar one? and who is this exception?

bluebird 27th August 2019 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2758112)
Okay fatty? LOL! :D

PMSL that was good but ur not wrong ;)

macafee2 27th August 2019 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2758116)
Does this imply you would prefer not to be on first name terms with any of the members in the club, bar one? and who is this exception?

Not at all. As per my original post.
I am trying to find out the right way to reply, should I reply addressing the post to their name or their user name.

macafee2

MSS 27th August 2019 08:11

I believe the best rule of forum etiquette is not to use the first name or description that comes into ones head when thinking of an individual! ;):}

dattrike 27th August 2019 08:42

On a motorcycle forum I'm on only real names are used, theory is why hide behind a made up user name, especially when topics get "heated". Like here there are rules to be polite and considerate at all times otherwise the 3 strike rule applies and the "culprit" is first suspended then banned after the third warning. :}

Dawn 27th August 2019 09:21

Well...mine is easy...:D

wraymond 27th August 2019 09:51

Simplification and unambiguity is the answer, my username is my real name. Those that want to shorten it to the common abbreviation are most welcome to, whatever they actually think of me. Which I've no doubt covers a wide range.