The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Smell petrol in the cabin v6 ztt (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315183)

Archerdog200 9th September 2021 12:57

Smell petrol in the cabin v6 ztt

Hi there. Had my zt-t for 3 weeks and 3 times now have smelt petrol in the cabin. Any advice as I love this car?Google points me in multiple directions. I'm attending the nano meeting in the Midlands October 3rd. Is there any mechanics of mg knowhow in Wolverhampton that's recommended as don't know who is out there. Any help advice much appreciated. Kind regards Chris

paulh260260 9th September 2021 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archerdog200 (Post 2898971)
Hi there. Had my zt-t for 3 weeks and 3 times now have smelt petrol in the cabin. Any advice as I love this car?Google points me in multiple directions. I'm attending the nano meeting in the Midlands October 3rd. Is there any mechanics of mg knowhow in Wolverhampton that's recommended as don't know who is out there. Any help advice much appreciated. Kind regards Chris

Hi Chris

Can you pinpoint where in the cabin the petrol is coming from, if its the rear it may be something as simple as the orange clip on the fuel filter which is under the rear seat on the offside.

Whatever it is your man in Wolverhampton is Arctic ( Steve) on this forum,he is highly regarded on here and I'm sure he'll be able to solve it for you. Hopefully he'll be along soon to help you out

Paul

trikey 9th September 2021 14:32

Chances are it’ll be a broken breather pipe, the nano boys will pinpoint the issue for you.

Archerdog200 9th September 2021 15:48

I will try to pin point it if it happens again cheers. My friend at work said the same thing about Steve (Artic) he told me to direct message him but I haven't met him yet until the meet on October 3rd. I will see if I can pinpoint it first if it happens again. My wife has the car today and she told me that she could smell petrol in the front as soon as started the car. It was cleared by the dinner time on her break at work so I will see if she mentions it on her way home at 5pm. I'm on afternoon shift 2-10. The fuel breather pipe mentioned is that under the bonnet?

trikey 9th September 2021 16:15

Breather pipes are under the engine cover, remove the cover and is should be apparent straight away if they are broken.

grout20 9th September 2021 16:30

If the smell is stronger after filling up with petrol it could be the rubber seal under the rear seat for the fuel pump (driver's side) or the filter (passenger side) ... I think.
I had the same issue a few years back ... driver's side ..the seal wasn't seating properly. Easy fix.
The Nano will advise for sure. Sadly I can't make the October one atm
Good luck
John

mileshawk56 9th September 2021 16:38

I had the same and it was the breather pipe as per Trikey- it was fractured where it plugged in to engine RH side viewed from the front of the car looking back. Chris.S.

Fusilier 9th September 2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archerdog200 (Post 2898971)

I suspect that if you can smell fuel then it will be the front to back fuel rail o rings which are perished, and dripping fuel. Get it checked out when you are the nano, but this might help

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...82#post2657582

Stu

Archerdog200 9th September 2021 18:25

Thanks guys. I will have a look at it tomorrow before work and see if I notice anything. If I can't find anything I'll see what's said on the meet up and get it replaced/repaired. Thanks again. Kind regards Chris.