The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ouch! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=242328)

James.uk 13th April 2016 19:01

ouch!

I steered the car to avoid a huge pothole.. clipped the kerb.. and pinched a tyre! :duh: :o

£50 for a new tyre...... a unidirectional Uniroyal anti rain or whatever... :eek: :duh: :mad: *sighs* ...

planenut 13th April 2016 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 2265084)
I steered the car to avoid a huge pothole.. clipped the kerb.. and pinched a tyre!

£50 for a new tyre...... a unidirectional Uniroyal anti rain or whatever...

I hope the wheel is still okay; I did the same donkeys years ago, and split a bulkhead in the engine bay.

350zwelgje 13th April 2016 19:15

1 Attachment(s)
Not nice, but would have traded places....
Nice deep pothole, nearly ripped the right hand front wheel off! The bottom wishbone dislodged and driveshaft disconnected. Wing dented etc.
Replaced all the damaged parts (bottom wishbone, rear mount, stabiliser link, xenon leveling lever, put driveshaft back, new front tyres and alignment) and it soldiers on like it didn't happen for over 50.000km now. Alloy escaped miraculously.

MSS 13th April 2016 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 2265084)
I steered the car to avoid a huge pothole.. clipped the kerb.. and pinched a tyre! :duh: :o

£50 for a new tyre...... a unidirectional Uniroyal anti rain or whatever... :eek: :duh: :mad: *sighs* ...

Had exactly the same on my 45 last week and ruined one front tyre.

In the I end took the opportuniy to just replace all four as the rears would have been close to the limit in a few k miles.

Lancpudn 13th April 2016 20:02

Ouch Brutal. :eek: I don't know about you guys but every time that happens to me it's always the best tyre on the car that gets ruined, It's never the tyre that needs replacing anyway:devil:

Leyland Worldmaster 14th April 2016 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350zwelgje (Post 2265097)
Not nice, but would have traded places....
Nice deep pothole, nearly ripped the right hand front wheel off! The bottom wishbone dislodged and driveshaft disconnected. Wing dented etc.
Replaced all the damaged parts (bottom wishbone, rear mount, stabiliser link, xenon leveling lever, put driveshaft back, new front tyres and alignment) and it soldiers on like it didn't happen for over 50.000km now. Alloy escaped miraculously.

I used to spend a lot of time in Belgium... the potholes are mad- the bit of motorway just on the border near Lamain/ Marquain was down to the steel reinforced concrete layer in places...

My friends Mother posted something on FB to warn me!

James.uk 14th April 2016 14:03

All four tyres were replaced late last year. so only done 3-4k ish. :duh:

But.. On the bright side, I am off down to Poole in Dorset soon, so will be clocking up a lot of miles.

There were a few damaged wheels in the corner of the garage waiting for the scrapman to call. mainly wheels with skinny tyres on... :mad: