The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Pony Express (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Anyone want to drive a car from London (Bromley) to Fife (Kirkcaldy) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=179873)

doopydug 11th April 2014 07:25

Anyone want to drive a car from London (Bromley) to Fife (Kirkcaldy)

I know its a long shot- just thought I would ask - have bought a diesel 75 and can go myself but need to take a day off work which isn't easy right now

simon.jane 11th April 2014 08:13

How would any one get home It's a long walk home:eek: And when would you need it to be done?:D

danyul89 11th April 2014 08:21

I'd do it but it's the getting back to London ? I'm off work for the next ten days too.

HarryM1BYT 11th April 2014 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydug (Post 1636422)
I know its a long shot- just thought I would ask - have bought a diesel 75 and can go myself but need to take a day off work which isn't easy right now

I'm retired, so even more spare time and I like a good long drive....

You make sure the car is legal to drive, cover the train fares, the insurance costs etc. and I'll happily run it up there for you anytime you like.

doopydug 11th April 2014 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon.jane (Post 1636460)
How would any one get home It's a long walk home:eek: And when would you need it to be done?:D

It can be done anytime

Train / flight / bus?

doopydug 11th April 2014 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 1636478)
I'm retired, so even more spare time and I like a good long drive....

You make sure the car is legal to drive, cover the train fares, the insurance costs etc. and I'll happily run it up there for you anytime you like.

Very good of you Harry - it is taxed and MOT'd.

I will look into train fares - GOSFORTH to BROMLEY and then KIRKCALDY to GOSFORTH is that right?

As for insurance, I would need to add you to my own policy, is that right?

simon.jane 11th April 2014 09:53

Don't for get us:D

HarryM1BYT 11th April 2014 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydug (Post 1636487)
Very good of you Harry - it is taxed and MOT'd.

I will look into train fares - GOSFORTH to BROMLEY and then KIRKCALDY to GOSFORTH is that right?

As for insurance, I would need to add you to my own policy, is that right?

Er, no - GARFORTH, its on the west north Yorkshire boundary, with a choice of two nearby stations. It would be Garforth to London, then Kirkaldy to Garforth.

You could add me to your insurance, or take a separate two day policy out I understand, best talk to your insurers on that point.

HarryM1BYT 11th April 2014 15:20

I might even be already covered for third party for a car I don't own.

[EDIT]
I have just checked and I am covered under my own policy, providing you already have your own cover for the vehicle.

Train fares are expensive, if you can find anyone passing by this way on route to London it would save a good lump. I'm thinking - lift or train down, drive back here for an over night, then next morning on up to you, with train or lift back down.

James.uk 11th April 2014 15:46

What happens if the driver is involved in an accident of some sort? :duh: :eek:

*world war three!* heh heh... :D

Back in the days when I bought/sold/delivered cars for a living, the rule was:- if I crashed one, the boss made me the proud owner at cost!!! fortunately it never happened.. :}