The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   75/ZT In Car System with GPS DVD Plug and Play (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58455)

tony_fry 1st June 2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrutms (Post 533153)
you dont understand :) . IT IS PERFECT to have only com 2 and 5, you`ll never have another unless you connect TO USB PORT correctly a tmc device, 3g modem, wifi dongle, etc. Try a usb flashdrive, if it appears in total commander as usbhd, all ok.

Thank you, Petru, I will try a memory stick to see if it connects

Radioguy 1st June 2010 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichB (Post 533111)
Hi Sean,

I'm just thinking about moving it to another car in the future. Although they look fantastic and OEM in the 75/ZT, I'd like the flexibility of being able to fit it to another car in the future should I ever sell my ZT.

Rich

Hi Rich

I Understand, But really, you are probably biting off more than you can chew. These are designed for the MG/Rover, They interface with the MG/Rover and they Plug and Play with the MG/Rovers. If you do not purchase another MG/75 then you are probably not going to accomplish what you want. he MAIN issue being the steering wheel interface. You would be better off to to remove it, Sell it to another MG/Rover guy and purchase the correct radio for the next car , (From Me Of Course)
And On that Note, if anyone has friends with other cars, I have access to about any thing out there. Any Make or Model

Radioguy 1st June 2010 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjr (Post 531612)
Sean,

When I try to track my H/U it just says no information availiable. Any ideas?

SJR

Hi SJR

I am seeing yours online now ! I still do not know why the delay in appearing ! I am wondering if the freight forward is dragging his heels. Or EMS is slow or I just am not sure

I am looking into it.

sjr 1st June 2010 16:21

Thanks for that Sean.
It's very reassuring that you have looked into it for me.

Regards,

Justin

petrutms 2nd June 2010 21:07

edited- removed links

phenonix 2nd June 2010 21:13

are you saying internet connection?:drool4::drool4:

RichB 2nd June 2010 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 533256)
Hi Rich

I Understand, But really, you are probably biting off more than you can chew. These are designed for the MG/Rover, They interface with the MG/Rover and they Plug and Play with the MG/Rovers. If you do not purchase another MG/75 then you are probably not going to accomplish what you want. he MAIN issue being the steering wheel interface. You would be better off to to remove it, Sell it to another MG/Rover guy and purchase the correct radio for the next car , (From Me Of Course)
And On that Note, if anyone has friends with other cars, I have access to about any thing out there. Any Make or Model

Sean,

The steering wheel interface would be the least of my worries. If I was going to move it into my other car (mx-5), I'm close enough to reach the stereo ;).

The connectors are standard ISO aren't they? What else makes these Rover/MG specific, other than the facia shape and the start up screen?

Cheers,
Rich

Radioguy 2nd June 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichB (Post 534199)
Sean,

The steering wheel interface would be the least of my worries. If I was going to move it into my other car (mx-5), I'm close enough to reach the stereo ;).

The connectors are standard ISO aren't they? What else makes these Rover/MG specific, other than the facia shape and the start up screen?

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich

ISO Connectors are the same
The only other thing is the Logo. You may have to change a few wires on the Loom. Not really certain !

RG

Radioguy 2nd June 2010 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrutms (Post 534187)

Petrums, Maybe we can do something to have this things installed at My End before they go to the End USers?

PM Me.

Begiorlegi 2nd June 2010 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lawrence (Post 532689)
What are you finding difficult about the DVB-T install?
There is another post somewhere from Picky showing where to fit the aerial on the rear window, but only put it there if you don't have a rear sunblind. I do, and it clashed.

Hi, David.
I was thinking of buying this aerial, but I have a rear sunblind too. In the end, where did you fit yours?

Regards.