The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   More insurance rip officials (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292153)

bl52krz 23rd January 2019 09:39

More insurance rip officials

Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from. Still got to get my own insurance to quote me for another 12 months robbery without the violence..

Nick Greg 23rd January 2019 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2704859)
Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from.

the whole insurance industry is a farce and rip off. Needs a top level inquiry to get it sorted.

Heddy 23rd January 2019 10:49

Fully Comp 9yrs ncd (max they quote on) £197 Tesco bank.

Raspberrycai 23rd January 2019 11:19

Quote:

Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from. Still got to get my own insurance to quote me for another 12 months robbery without the violence..

Count yourself lucky compared to me... Just got a few quotes from confused.com about insurance renewals,and the price for insurance next year if I stay with my current insurer is £2100! The cheapest quote is £1600, and that's still with a black box, and with only 5000 miles, which is just about enough if I only take necessary journeys, as I do a lot of trips from Manchester to Chester.

Speaking of black boxes, they're just a way of making money. Totally inaccurate. They're not about "safety", as they claim, they're just a money making scheme. Without a word of a lie, my first black box was constantly saying that I was speeding, and after numerous complaints they refused to fix it. It was only when my black box claimed that I was drove via the gulf of Guinea in AFRICA that they accepted there was a problem with my box! Here is proof - The little green dots represent my journey, as you can see, I apparently made a 3000 mile detour!

Not a single word of apology from the insurance company either - and the poor scores I was given due to a defective box have affected how much money I am given back per quarter year. If you drive well you are supposed to receive some money on your card as a reward and a discount on renewal - I haven't received a penny, and it's certainly not due to the way I drive!

smudge.g 23rd January 2019 11:27

As has been said many times before, postcode has a lot to do with costs. We live in the sticks in NE Scotland and are lucky that our insurance is rarely over £250.

steve-45 23rd January 2019 11:43

Quote:

Its the BIRMINGHAM postcode, this now seems to be more important than any driving record ! :eek:

FLYING BANANA 23rd January 2019 12:42

Since moving from Essex, or as the insurance companies called it “East London”, my insurance on my V8 dropped £15 and on my CDTi £75. Plus I also got rebates from last year on all 3. All 3 are insured with Lancaster, as I could get a reasonable quote on the V8.

The original quote I got on the V8 three years ago was £9867, that was with my Essex/East London post code. Allen entered the same details but with his Saltash post code and that figure dropped to £3500. Take off the Supercharger and it dropped to £679.

I got it down to £475 for the first year, with the Supercharger.

One company were unable to give me a quote on the V8 as they had no idea what a Supercharger was.

Rick-sta 23rd January 2019 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2704901)
Since moving from Essex, or as the insurance companies called it “East London”, my insurance on my V8 dropped £15 and on my CDTi £75. Plus I also got rebates from last year on all 3. All 3 are insured with Lancaster, as I could get a reasonable quote on the V8.

The original quote I got on the V8 three years ago was £9867, that was with my Essex/East London post code. Allen entered the same details but with his Saltash post code and that figure dropped to £3500. Take off the Supercharger and it dropped to £679.

I got it down to £475 for the first year, with the Supercharger.

One company were unable to give me a quote on the V8 as they had no idea what a Supercharger was.

lol! Didn't know what a supercharger was. Well it isn't a case full of £2.8k in cash under the bonnet :D What a price hike for a supercharger.

Dallas 23rd January 2019 13:21

Quote:

Is your quotation to start your insurance from today/tomorrow?

Sometimes it makes a huge difference if you get a quote weeks in advance, I have found price's tend to be cheaper. Insurance companies look at you as organised, less risk to have an accident.

If you leave it until the last minute, insurance companies rely on the fact that you need insurance quite soon, so the premium tends to be higher (you also appear to the insurer as rushed, less organised).

I now always go looking for quotes at least 30 days beforehand, I always see the price increase as my expiry date gets closer. :shrug:

MSS 23rd January 2019 16:42

Quote:

Just count yourself fortunate that you are in Birmingham and not Bradford.

As per my recent thread, my insurance on the CDT this year is £101 and the Omega £97.

I am thinking of renting out rooms if anyone is interested in getting their insurance down to the lowest possible level. :}