The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   <ouch> Crashed my ZT (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=102851)

GagHalfrunt 19th January 2012 11:12

<ouch> Crashed my ZT

1 Attachment(s)
Coming off a roundabout early on Monday morning onto the M4 at Swindon. Classic Mini Cooper trying to go right in the left hand lane and I just didn't see it :mad:

Not happy. £350 excess (as much as I was paying per year!) and having to drive a stupid Citroen C1.

Red paint never matches properly either assuming they can get a Mk1 bumper.

norfie 19th January 2012 11:16

Sorry to see that and it's sad to say and I know it won't help but that is probably beyond economic repair for the insurance company.

GagHalfrunt 19th January 2012 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by norfie (Post 902725)
Sorry to see that and it's sad to say and I know it won't help but that is probably beyond economic repair for the insurance company.

It's just the bumper and some trim as far as I can tell. I'd be surprised if that came as a write off.

windrush 19th January 2012 11:21

So sorry to see that Dave I dont think there is too much of a problem in getting a Mk1 front bumper and its repairable

carguy143 19th January 2012 11:24

It's never nice to see this but hopefully it'll be a simple repair.

On another note when my Rover 400 was scratched, I had a chips away guy respray the wing and the match was spot on. It was Solar Red too so there is hope for yours.

Rik.

uk_dave&gill 19th January 2012 11:32

If this at £90 all in or this at £99 + £34 p&p are the right shade of red, could well be an easy and fairly cheap fix?

Rico135+ 19th January 2012 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagHalfrunt (Post 902720)
Coming off a roundabout early on Monday morning onto the M4 at Swindon. Classic Mini Cooper trying to go right in the left hand lane and I just didn't see it :mad:

I see this a lot... did the rules about roundabouts change when I wasn't paying attention??

R75 did it to me the other week... expected better

Juz 19th January 2012 12:47

That's a bummer! But I'm confused about how you managed to damage that side of the car when if the other car came from your left, (N/S) and crossed in front of you???? I would have expected damage on the N/S Front corner..... But it doesn't seem like a write-off!

Good luck.

GagHalfrunt 19th January 2012 12:49

Unfortunately I still hit him so I becomes my fault regardless of what they did.

I'll have to see what the accident repair place comes back with.... mine has headlamp powerwash; is it still the same bumper (bar drilling holes)?

GagHalfrunt 19th January 2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juz (Post 902805)
That's a bummer! But I'm confused about how you managed to damage that side of the car when if the other car came from your left, (N/S) and crossed in front of you???? I would have expected damage on the N/S Front corner..... But it doesn't seem like a write-off!

Good luck.

Indeed, he'd already gone from left to right so I hit the inside of him. To be fair I was too busy trying to find a space on the busy roundabout and despite normally having good observation I completely failed to see him crossing over.