The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   install 2nd hand ipk message centre (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291802)

peelaaa 11th January 2019 12:18

install 2nd hand ipk message centre

Hi,

I have a 2nd hand message centre ipk and the stalk to replace the basic ipk

Does anyone have advice on how to install them? Is it a T4 requirement?

cheers

stevestrat 11th January 2019 12:34

Yep, need to get a T4 involved to "virginise" the eeprom in the "new" IPK and transfer info from old IPK. I think it can be done with TOAF, someone who knows TOAF better than I do should be able to advise.

macafee2 11th January 2019 12:57

is it just an ipk or the whole thing, rev counter, speedo and gauges?
easy to replace the whole thing.
remove the eyebrow above the existing clocks, 2 screws.
There is then 1 screw centre top at the back holding the clocks in place. Remove this screw
Clocks will then come forward, may need some force. I found if I pulled the dash board forward it was easier to get my hand behind the clocks to push them out.
There are two plugs at the back of the clocks that need to be removed.

before reprogramming "new" clocks just plug them in to make sure the ipk is good but you will need to fit new stalk first.

to replace the stalk. remove the two screws holding the shroud over the steering column. Once apart you should see two screws holding the indicator stalk I place, once these are removed withdraw the indicator stalk from a square box and unplug wiring. refit is just the reverse.

macafee2

peelaaa 11th January 2019 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2701504)
is it just an ipk or the whole thing, rev counter, speedo and gauges?
easy to replace the whole thing.
remove the eyebrow above the existing clocks, 2 screws.
There is then 1 screw centre top at the back holding the clocks in place. Remove this screw
Clocks will then come forward, may need some force. I found if I pulled the dash board forward it was easier to get my hand behind the clocks to push them out.
There are two plugs at the back of the clocks that need to be removed.

before reprogramming "new" clocks just plug them in to make sure the ipk is good but you will need to fit new stalk first.

to replace the stalk. remove the two screws holding the shroud over the steering column. Once apart you should see two screws holding the indicator stalk I place, once these are removed withdraw the indicator stalk from a square box and unplug wiring. refit is just the reverse.

macafee2

Its the whole ipk and I have the stalk with the end button too.I noticed when removing it from the salvage car, my tourer, that the message centre display had a few more lines than when I last checked it.. The car was damp due to lack of use and sitting outside. Probably that.

macafee2 11th January 2019 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 2701539)
Its the whole ipk and I have the stalk with the end button too.I noticed when removing it from the salvage car, my tourer, that the message centre display had a few more lines than when I last checked it.. The car was damp due to lack of use and sitting outside. Probably that.

may be as I thought mine had more line when fitted but a couple of days later it looks a lot better.

still an easy job.

macafee2